Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Home broadband activations delay

Pk9014
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Worst ever customer service i met in my whole life. Agreement made 29 September it's 10 November and im still not connected. So its 6 weeks (42 days) waiting and i'm not sure whether agreement will come into effect or not!. Openreach engineer mean to visit my property 2nd November then visit moved to 3rd, so i took day off and spent my whole day waiting for them to visit me. Effect? no one appear that day no one even make a phone call or sent an email! I could go to work for overtime that day and earn some money instead sit idle at home! Between 3rd and 10th i was fed up by lies, lies, lies and only lies, starts from live chats ended up calling vodafone customer service at 08080034515. Number of customer advisors couldn't help me to answer for a simple question: when i will be connected ? They usually responds: 1. today night 2.100% tomorrow. 3. There is an issue on the line and Openreach works on that but i cannot tell you when ! ?! ?. 4. Give me your router sn and i will configure it for you, 10 minutes bye bye. All the above mentioned and many more are just lies and lack of competence!. Openreach engineer finally vistit my property first time ever 9th November happily find me at home, cause i did not expect him that day! He said that all should work at the midnight, but its still not work!. Another lie!. And according what one of advisors checke Openreach been at the property 6th November but could not finish his work LIE! , LIE!, LIE! and trickery!. Meanwhile i had to spend £50 pounds for using mobile internet provided by Three mobile! just because Vodafone couldn't provide service at relative quick time. I have to say that using mobile internet it's not good enough cause it's expensive and limited!. To sum up, I curse the day I made this deal, and i hope that the gods will be gracious for me, because i did not deserve for how i been treated.

4 REPLIES 4

DaneB
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Pk9014

I've responded on your previous post on how you can contact us.

Thanks

@Pk9014

did you get sorted mate?  - if so what was the problem?
I just signed up with Vodaphone earlier today and your tale has filled me with gloom!
that was simply not good enough at all! - surely Ofcom or whoever have hard and fast rules on changeover periods?  You may be eligible for a refund for your troubles
as such I'm considering very seriuosly about cancelling whilst I can!
New customer I potentially may be - mug I am not!

I had a nightmare ordering home broadband. I first tried to order through my existing account for my mobile data. The site told me I could get Fibre38 but when I got to a certain point, it told me the title field was required although there was no title field on the form! I opened a live chat and was told I needed a new account and that they ould be merged when the broadband went live.

Long story short, that was nonsense and I hope my credit score is not affected!! 

So I phoned and ordered. I was told I could actually get Fibre76 so I went for that. I was told my activation date would be 28th November and I would receive the router before then. I was expecting an email of some sort to at least acknowledge the order but now, over a week later, nothing. I got a text from DPD this morning informing me that my parcel would be delivered between 11.16 and 12.16. It appears to be the router. I then contacted online chat again to ask if I could get an email and I was told the activation date has been delayed to the 7th December??? I have (supposedly) been given 50gb data on my data sim for the trouble, but I will only know if that's true when I get home from work. Having read a few tales of woe on here, I will be surprised if the broadband is activated on 7th December but I live in hope.

Really all I'd like is an email confirming my order.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Gorselea We'd like to have a look into this for you and provide some clarification to put your mind at ease. 

As we'll need to access your account, please contact us using the link in the private message I've sent. 

A member of the team will then be in touch 🙂