cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Home broadband not activated for last 3 days (Horrible experience)

vodbroaduser
1: Seeker

I have tried restarting router by unplugging power adapter and then pressing the power button for 5 seconds and then connecting power and restarting router after 30 seconds

I tried the reset button and then unplug power for 30 sec and then turning back on.

Tried connecting directly to the LAN.

It still shows red for internet and green for wifi.

Logged into router and restarted router trough the interface.

When i connect to internet it says please connect the dsl cable to vodafone connect router which is already connected.

When i dial my land line it is ringing but no device is connected. Have confirmed with previous chat that my telephone line is up and running.

Also during the last two days i have contact customer care twice and i was told they have configured the router manually and it should be up and running in 2 hours and this never got resolved.  I was told the same thing again and again and i can see it was just to escape from resolving the issue.

3 REPLIES 3

Soofla
10: Established
10: Established

This sounds all too familiar. I had a similar issue about 10 months ago when I switched to Vodafone - I had a Monday "going live" date and I eventually got back online on the Thursday.

The difference between us however is that by day two, Vodafone were admitting there was an issue "authenticating new users onto the network" and that there was nothing that could be done until the issue was fixed.

I phoned every day and all I was told was "it will be fixed as soon as possible".

I did get a free month's connection out of them - on the third day I complained, again, as I had been every 10hrs or so and they gave me credit for a month's connection.

They see it as 4 days inconvenience, we see it as unacceptable, which it is.

You need to phone them rather than live chat (if you aren't already). Get the name of the person you are speaking with and ask for an esculation. Tell them you'll be claling back in 2hrs to get an update - eventually you'll get this sorted.

It was a major blip for me. Touch wood, since the terrible "getting connected" issues 10 months ago things have been more or less OK, but I found that experience totally unacceptable.

machare
13: Advanced Member

Do any of the routers advanced pages show the DSL connection speed?  If not contact support and ask them what the ACTUAL connection speed is. (not the minimum promised)

Also, log into www.vodafone.co.uk, then select Broadband, Manage content controls, and set 'content control profile'  to off.  Wait a while and then maybe things will work, and then you can set the profile to something more appropriate if you want.

Carly
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @vodbroaduser

Sorry to hear that you're having issues with your broadband.

Have you managed to get things sorted at all? If not, please let us know what lights you're seeing on your router and if you've got an connection.

It may be worth unscrewing/unclipping the faceplate off the master socket, this is completely safe to do. Once you've taken this off,  please try plugging the router into the test socket.

Let us know how you get on.