Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Home broadband

aaronevans
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Since about a week or two after getting the broadband I've had non-stop problems with the broadband. the proformace has been abysmal, and the download speed is FAR less than what we're paying for. It been around 0.50mbps and 20mbps at MOST. We're paying for 80mbps. they even have a minimum 47mbps for our broadband and it hasnt even scratched that for weeks and weeks. I've contacted vodafone multiple times over the past 3 or so weeks and they've been very unhelpful. The newest peice of advice they've given me has been that I have to do speed tests over a 3 day span even though that will tell them exactly what I've already told them, It just delays the problem. It's honestly got to the point that we want to just leave and find another service. Can anyone give any actual advice to the problem?

3 REPLIES 3

4: Newbie

Were you with a previous "fibre" ISP at the same address and what speed did you get with them ?

If this is your first fibre connection at this address it may be your internal telephone wiring,  if so please see other threads re testing this in the master socket etc etc.

We've moved here pretty recently (about 3 months) and this is the first broadband we've had here. we've tried both sockets in the master socket and we've tried different wires that plug into the socket (can't remember what they're called) and no change in proformace other than it getting worse. The weird part is, for the first 2 weeks it was VERY good. We had around 80mbps download and 20mbps upload with very low ping. I was impressed with the service until the issues started happening

You may have tried this already, but I'd suggest getting a microfilter, then plugging this into the test socket (unscrew the bottom faceplate from the master socket), then leave it like that for a day or two.  Also, check on the router stats and see what the connection speed it and how long the PPP uptime is, i.e. is it only in hours as this could mean the router is disconnecting too often and reducing the connection speed.