main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Broadband & Home Phone

Home move broadband nightmare help

Highlighted
4: Newbie

We organised a home move for our broadband for Friday 5th october, (moving day) so arranged it for between 1pm and 6pm. My husband had this confirmed on a text, great. Came to the day, and we had a text from our new neighbours saying a open reach van has been and gone this morning as noone was in, at 9am! Before we've even starting moving in. We called vodafone spoke to mustafa in broadband care, who was apologetic as even the account notes etc showed that he was meant to come during the time slot we were given. He offered 50GB on my husbands phone (its under his name) and 50% installation discount. Fine it was pleasant we understand things can happen, so we agreed on thursday the following week on the 11th this time in the morning as i was off work. He said we will get confirmation for the £30 credit and also a text on the monday confirming the timeslot and date. Came to tuesday and my husband hadn't had anything apart from a automated text about the 50GB. He was then receiving calls and voicemails from vodafone saying they need to speak to him to book the installation, which mustafa told us he had already done. He wasnt very happy so he called them back and they said yes sorry we need to confirm a day. So they said next available day is thursday PM. (Tuesday 9th at this point and at no point did the advisor say "not this thursday" or "next thursday") so we booked that in and arranged a family member to be at our house for 4 hours to wait on the 11th. Nothing! He received a text late on the 11th saying its booked for the 18th october!! Its just an absolute mess. He called broadband again and they said there is nothing they can do hes got the extra 50GB on his phone thats all they can do! It doesnt help us when we use WiFi for Xbox and other consoles, Sky box, downloading programmes and recording programmes for when we're at work etc and now we can't do any of that as it would use far more than 50GB. We've had no internet since 4/10/18 i dont think its acceptable. What is going on and are they actually going to turn up next week ?? and if its worth logging an official complaint or are they just going to say nothing else we can do? And I dont understand why we have to start a new 18 month contract when we move BUT we can't cancel for free in 30 days as we're 'still in contract on our old contract, but if we have to start the 18mth period again i dont understand how it can be?. Anyone else been through similiar? I would be cancelling if there wasn't ETF fees involved. I posted this previously and they marked it as spam so noone could see it or reply! I'm so unimpressed 

View more options
2 REPLIES
3: Seeker

Yes, exactly same! And I was recently discontinued from their service over my account being mishandled, in which I shall correctly word it 'misconduct'. Honestly, disappointed on that matter... On the other hand, you are very right in being frustrated. I happened to have the same experience with installation and it's albeit common.

View more options
4: Newbie

It shouldn't be common! Sounds like alot of hassle for you. I hope the social media team can look into this because I will not be happy if they don't turn up during our time slot or at all next week! 

View more options