cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How can I get my WiFi / broadband to be more reliable?

R_A_C
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Been using Vodafone Broadband for a few months - worst I've known from any provider.

WiFi drops out intermittently - several times a day

Internet connection sometimes not available

Has anyone managed to get a response from Vodafone on a similar issue?

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @R_A_C

I'm not with Vodafone with Home Broadband but when I had some similar issues I decided to change the Wireless Channel in my router which helped. 

I also split the frequency in my router to 2.4ghz and 5ghz and chose the best for me which helped too. 

Sometimes forgetting the wifi network in my devices and re setting up a fresh wifi connection can help too. 

Vodafone Support Link > What-should-I-do-if-I-m-having-problems-with-broadband-connectivity.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

paulcormack
10: Established

Put their router in a plastic bag and go buy a decent one.  I know it sounds bad but realistically the hardware they have supplied is not good for much.

Get your credentials from them to use your own kit and you'll be happier.

Who were you with before?  If you had a stable line previously, then it may be an issue with the router if it's affecting wifi and the general DSL connection.

Try giving Vodafone a call and see if they can send you a replacement router.

Soofla
It isn't just the Vodafone router that has poor WiFi - all commercial level WiFi is poor. Sure you'll see BT and Sky telling you how amazing their WiFi is. Asus, Draytek will all tell you their devices are better than anything ISP supplied. You want to solve all your WiFi problems? Disable the WiFi and purchase yourself something from Ubiquity. It will cost you around £100, however something like their LR model will cover your entire house (mine covers all rooms, outside the front to the road and most of the way down the back garden). It isn't a cheap solution, but once you've done it, all your WiFi woes are gone!