main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Broadband & Home Phone

How long before I get the correct speed?

3: Seeker

Hi there,

I've just switched to Vodafone on Superfast 2.

I do realise my connection has only been active for just over 24 hours, and there is supposed to be some sort of connection training going on for a few days, but the router is showing VDSL at 33.7 mbits.

Is the connection really going to improve drastically over the next few days?

View more options
11 REPLIES
Highlighted
13: Advanced Member

It can take upto 10 days, but you'll hopefully see some improvement over just the next couple of days!

If you don't see the improvement that you expect then you'll need to contact customer services.  And if they can't sort it out, then you can leave without penalty for the first 30 days!

*Tip when calling Vodafone support, put the phone on speaker and pick a book that you've never been able to get started, because you'll probably be in for a long wait (45 - 60 mins on hold seems about average).

View more options

Cheers.

View more options

Thanks for getting in touch @andy_3_913, as @KeithAlger advised your broadband will have a settling in period which can be up to around 10 days; this is caused by your exchange automatically trying out different speeds to find out the fastest stable speed that your particular line can support.

If you're still having problems after this time, please don't hesitate to get back in touch and I'll be happy to take a closer look into this for you. 

View more options
4: Newbie

hi andy i am not going to lie to you but whats speed have you been quoted and also whats your minimum guaranteed speed , its seams a lot of user seam to think that they will get superfast 2 speeds of 55meg or more , which i am sorry to say may not be the case , im also on superfast two because the vodafones website says great news you can get our superfast max 2 broadband and as you know standard is 1-37meg and max is 38-80meg , but in the small print it says on mine, minimum guaranteed speed of 27.4 , and at the moment 5 weeks later  i got a sync speed of 27.8 on max 2 (i use to get 35meg on standard before i moved to vodaphone , hopefully yours will go up but if the Line Management records any errors with your router or line then it will reduce your speed, , if you are getting 33meg i dont fancy your chances of it getting to max speeds i would guess 28meg to 37meg but hopefully im wrong 

View more options

This is what I can get, I think.

Son has mentioned he's having a bit of trouble while watching streams over wifi that he wasn't having trouble with on Sky.

whaticcanget.png

View more options

there are known issues thats vodafone router wifi is lower power than most router which means it does not travel as far and also the router keeps disabling and re-enabling the wifi for 4 seconds which will throw your son off and then he will get buffer while he is waiting for the device to reconnect , seams the only fix is change to a non vodafone router 

your 10 day sync is 

day 1 and 2 dlm is checking and looking for errors and working out whats the best speed

day3/4 depending when it was connected speed will change to new speed lower or higher 

day 5/6/7/ checking for errors and working out if new speed is correct / error corrections to correct

day 8/9 may or may not change speed depending what the dlm finds after change.

think after that its checks every 2 weeks and takes a snap shot over the next couple of months to see if it can lower or higher your speed again but i could be wrong with that 

if your line changes a lot more than above then DLM has found errors and is trying a lot harder to find a correction that works 

View more options

Hey @andy_3_913, it could just be a bit of Wi-Fi interference that's slowing things down.

The Wi-Fi signal on your router can be affected by other routers, or other radio signals nearby. You can change the channel your Wi-Fi is broadcasting on to try and get a clear channel that other devices are not using. This minimises any interference and gives you a much better performance.

To change the Wi-Fi channels on the Vodafone router using the Vodafone Broadband app:

1. Download and install the Vodafone Broadband app on a device connected to the router's Wi-Fi network.
  2. Start the app and follow the prompts to pair the app with the router.
  3. Tap on the 'My Wi-Fi' option, then scroll down and tap on the 'Wi-Fi Channels' option.
  4. The next page will show you the two frequencies the Wi-Fi is broadcast on; 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz.
  5. Select 2.4 GHz, and the app will display a list of 13 channels, change the selected channel to one that has no numbers next to it on the left hand side.
  6. Monitor the performance for 24 hours and change the channels again if the performance is the same or worse.

I hope this helps, however if changing the channel doesn't help, please let us know.

Blair

View more options

What speed did you end up with in the end 

View more options

About 45 mbps, or so the router page says.

Download speeds are all over the place though.

Anything from 1.9 up to about 40.

Also, son was getting reasonable-ish speeds over wifi, now down to 900k

View more options

let me guess 40 meg in a morning till about tea time , then down to about 20meg from tea time till about 9pm. then down to anyware from 2 meg to 10 meg from  9pm till midnight , then starts going back up 

View more options

I'm not sure about the morning, because after I'm done for the night that's me until I get back from work the next day.

And I usually go to bed quite early so I can't comment on the later times either lol

View more options