main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Broadband & Home Phone

I have moved house and Vodafone say they cannot port my number because it used to owned by TalkTalk

2: Seeker

Hi All,

I recently moved house with Vodafone and also had Vodafone at my old property. The number at my old property was originally allocated by TalkTalk. Vodafone took over the line at my old house and we kept the same number. Vodafone seem unable to port my number to my new house because they cannot see it on the Openreach tool used to port numbers accross. It seems TalkTalk have deleted my old number. I contacted Openreach about this and they say "insist on Vodafone raising what is known as a "No. Portability" activity to bring your No. back home, so to speak. We can only act on them raising a job to Openreach for this." After many phone calls to Vodafone support I eventually had the response today that Vodafone contractually cannot port a number from TalkTalk and some other providers hence my old number does not show up on their system. Please can someone confirm that this is true? It has taken many calls to get this response so seems odd nobody said this in the first place. I wanted to reach out to see if others have had this problem as well? 

Thank you.

Paul.

View more options
1 REPLY
Highlighted

As we'll need access to your account to look into why you're unable to port your number to your new address @paulsmith310, please get in touch by following the instructions in this private message.

View more options