cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Intermittent/No connectivity between 2.4GHz and wired devices.

horiz0n
4: Newbie

Hi,

I found that any device connected by ethernet cable directly to the router or through the network switch or PLC, won't talk to devices connected to the 2.4GHz (only) network. For example I can't print from my desktop PC or Raspberry Pi (both wired) on my wireless printer. To print something I need to turn on my laptop and force it to use 2.4GHz wireless network. Also any device (laptop, tablet, mobile) attached to 2.4GHz network can't talk to wired devices (desktop pc, network hard drive, Raspberry Pi). There is no problem between 5GHz network and ethernet LAN. Also there is no problem with 2.4GHz band interferrences. I still have TalkTalk router with the same configuration and I don't have that issue. It looks like there is something like client isolation on 2.4GHz network.

5 REPLIES 5

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

@horiz0n

If you're unable to connect to 24GHz devices, you may need t oswitch the router frequency. You can do this using the router management page online. 

Thanks.

No Mark, that is not the case. The problem I mentioned in my initial post is well known either on this community forum and in Vodafone support. So you should know about that. Yesterday one of support emplyees has upgraded firmware in my router and asked me to change dhcp lease time from default to forever. Unfortunately I haven't had a time to test that solution so I can't confirm or deny my problem has been solved.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@horiz0n Have you had chance to test this yet? 

Yes, it stopped working today again. Now I am talking with support on chat. I just can't believe Vodafone can't force Huawei to fix the problem. You are so worthless Vodafone. I just started regreting the day I signed contract with them. Thanksfully I transffered my partner to Three with her mobile.

Which else router except DSL-AC68U mentioned here I can buy to replace this sh*t from Vodafone?

Unfortunately these idi*ts are not gonig to fix this issue.