cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Is it possible to select an installation date/request earliest installation date when ordering?

johnniegif
4: Newbie

I'm not with Vodafone broadband yet but am loving the new Fibre offers from 12th September. £20 for Fibre 38 and £24 for Fibre 76.

I'd like to help my mother order Fibre 38 and Fibre 76 for myself. The problem is that the last day of her BT ADSL contract is on 23rd October and my last day of BT Infinity 1 contract is on 8th November :Sad_face:

The current VF deal expires on 9th October - i.e. we'd need to order by then. I know it typically takes BT Openreach 10 working days to switch over. *IF* it took exactly 10 working days, my mother would leave BT on 23rd October, breaking her contract and liable to pay BT for their Home HUB 4 and a small early termination fee. If she could choose 24th October or as soon after 24th as possible, there would be no penalties.

When I signed her up to BT, I was able to choose a preferred installation date. Indeed I did the same for myself and deferred my installation date by a fortnight ... and still got BT's deal at the time. But that is how the BT ordering system works.

For those of you who have signed up with Vodafone Broadband & Phone, is it possible to specify a prefererred installation date during the online order?

I did call Vodafone's free helpline and was told "BT won't mind if you switch from them in the last couple of weeks of your contract." I'm sure they won't billing me extra for early termination of my contract ... hence, I'm asking for real world experience from you experts!

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4

machare
13: Advanced Member

I placed an order on 31st July for a service  which I requested to start on 15th October which was very nearly 7 weeks later.

If you start trying to place an online order you can see what the latest start date you can specify is..

Thanks for your reply @machare. Was this advanced order for Vodafone broadband?

I have started an order, given the postcode, address and telephone, chosen the package etc. but not progressed it because I didn't want to accidentally place an order and break my existing contract with BT,

machare
13: Advanced Member

Yes, I wanted to place an order because one or two people have suffered price increases.  I did not want the service to start until my existing service with Plusnet expired. Phone and Broadband.

You need to go just a little further with the web ordering process to get to the point where you select a start date. I did this myself to find out when I might be able to place the actual order.

Brilliant @machare. Thanks for your help. 

Johnnie