Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Just tried to sign up Broadband for my girlfriend

Rocklett
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I think I have just had the most frustrating web experience ever, well done Vodafone.

I've juxt spend an hour on 3 different devices, mobile phone, tablet and Windows laptop trying to buy broadband on behalf of my girlfriend.  Not once did I even get close to being able to register my interest, let along buy a service. Wow.  The new website takes incompetance to a whole new level!  She wants to buy from SSE, It's going to be hard work persuading her she is mistaken and should buy from the company I work for.

Unbelievable! 

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Are you able to ring Vodafone on "

08080 034 511 for Home Broadband (free from all UK landlines and mobiles) with lines open between 8am and 8pm, seven days a week." Or if convenient pop in to a Vodafone High street Store. 

I appreciate signing up via online should be one of the fastest ways and seamless but inevatibly things online can and will glitch. 

If this happens with me usually clearing the browsers cache and cookies helps and I understand you've used different browsers and devices already. 

I hope all goes Ok. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for the best wishes. I'll try and persuade her to come along to one of our stores but fear it may he too late. 

AnnS

Hi @Rocklett

I suspect part of your problem here would be signing up on behalf of your girlfriend.  If your girlfriend is going to be the account holder, everything will need to be done in her name, including email address etc.  

There is no point you calling the Team trying to take out the Broadband in your girldfriends name, for all the data protection reasons, it will need to be your girlfriends who calls.

Thanks for the reply. I was in fact attempting to apply with her next to me, in her name. Obviously not going to be possible in my name using my details.