main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Broadband & Home Phone

Limited to 40mbps? Where on your website does it say that?!

SOLVED
View solved solution
Highlighted
2: Seeker

So I've just visited your online Chat team to discuss some issues I've noticed with My broadband.
Namely the fact that my line is currently sat Sync'ing at 40mbps on Superfast 1 and I know my line is capable of much more.

I contacted your representative to query this, I see you guarentee a minimum speed which I wasn't worried about but there was no mention of limiting the maximum speed I could achieve.

He informed me that the minimum speed is 35mbps and the Maximum is 38/40mbps.

He refused to comment further on the matter when pushed, I asked him where on the site this was detailed, he tried to setup an account for me... which is weird because I obviously already have one (Ya know, I'm on the broadbands!)

I didn't agree to be limited to 40mbps, I honestly cant see on the page I signed up on where it even suggests that.

I was hoping that someone could give me a much more accurate and detailed explanation or even the truth on the matter. If I am limited to 40mbps I'd appriciate if you could show me the section of your website that tells me that this would be the case.

If you can't provide this I'd like to proceed with a transfer to another ISP as this isn't what I thought I was signing up for and I feel tricked into your broadband.

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
4: Newbie

Blame ofcom for that. 

Surely if you looked at the figures you would realise that the average speed was significantly lower than the average speed of the "faster" package....  Lets face it avg speed of 35 on the "up to 80" service would be terrible.  Some common sense should be applied.

View more options
7 REPLIES
12: Established

If you pay for the 38Mbps service then the maximum connection speed will be 40Mbps as Ofcom does not think people understand the meaning of 'up to'.  If you want  faster speed then you would need to pay more which you could do, if Vodafone allow you to change the contract.  Some equipment will tell you the maximum attainable.

View more options

I hear the point that you're putting across but I didn't sign up for A38 or a 48 megabyte broadband package I signed up for a minimum connection speed there was never any mention of up to anything I've worked for ISPs at various points in my life so I fully understand the concept of variable line speeds and up to suggestions. When I signed up I specifically checked to see if it mentioned anything about a maximum connection speed ie on this package you can receive up to 40 megabyte. Nothing like that was mentioned simply the minimum guaranteed speed if I'd known that when I signed up or if it was written anywhere on the site that I could see easily upon acceptance of the package I probably would have gone for the more expensive one at the time. This combined with the man in the middle issues that I've had with Vodafone isn't showing me a very good side of Vodafone. If I'm wrong and it is written all over the website please tell me to shut my mouth and show me the evidence but I can't see anywhere that suggests there is a maximum connection speed for my package. Sorry about the block text using my phone and voice to text

View more options

Which vodafone package did you sign up for?

Sounds like you opted for Superfast1 (up to 38ish), rather than Superfast 2 (up 76ish)

Pretty clear here: https://www.vodafone.co.uk/broadband

View more options

As I understand it there are two commonly used speeds for phone line broadband provided by Openreach (formerly BT) 40 and 76, a few including BT provide 55.

View more options

You say it's pretty clear but there's no mention anywhere of up to anything.

Minimum speed 28mbps

Average speed 35mbps...

See what I mean. There's a minimum and an average but it doesn't tell that the maximum is 40 regardless of your line?

View more options

Blame ofcom for that. 

Surely if you looked at the figures you would realise that the average speed was significantly lower than the average speed of the "faster" package....  Lets face it avg speed of 35 on the "up to 80" service would be terrible.  Some common sense should be applied.

View more options

I mean I thought that was just the guarentee they made you. I didn't realise it was different packages.
My apologies

View more options