cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Looking at Vodafone broadband? Look elsewhere!

darren18
4: Newbie

Honestly, vodafone are a complete shambles.

I signed up to there broadband for 80mb fibre, and was given an activation date. I was told the engineer would be there the day before to install my line (I didn't have existing line)

OpenReach came to install it ... it took them 4 days to get it working. 4 days all day where I lost time off work at my expense. This also involved routing me to a different telegraph pole further from the exchange in terms of cable length. I got less than the minimum guaranteed speed. Voda seemed ok with this (so much for guarantee). I did not consent or know about there plans to route me to another pole and lower my speed.

Unhappy but left with no options, they leave after completing a shabby half arsed installation ... and within 1 month it all goes down. No internet. Phone vodafone only to be told they would raise a fault but only if I agree that there is a possibiliy I could incurr charges if the fault is in my property. Based on this shabby install they provided only about 1 month ago. I could understand if this was an old existing line, but not a line they JUST provided.

The manager I spoke to said he did not feel comfortable raising a fault unless I accepted the possibility of charges. I refused. I was tempted to ask him if he would feel comfortable with the router shoved where the sun doesn't shine.

I got nowhere trying to raise a complaint .... failed to even get that.

I am left paying for a broadband, faulty since the 3rd.

I will be cancelling the direct debit, and will only be paying the mobile phone portion of the bill and I will be making a formal complaint to the regulators.

Vodafone are great when they want to get your money, but once your in that contract you are at there mercy when it comes to issues.

29 REPLIES 29

DaneB
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @darren18

Was your call back with our Tech team?

Yes it was your level 2 team that contacted me, and arranged an engineer visit.

After that no call back.

Another day with no internet, and nobody at Vodafone looking into the issue. And still charging me.

Tomorrow I will be walking into the very busy trafford centre store and making a very public complaint.

Well today I've contacted vodafone and attempted to terminate my non working service.

They refused because I was still under contract and said if I did not pay the full amount including the the broadband monthly charge all of my services including my mobile which I would pay for would be suspended.

We are not in complete deadlock with no solution in sight.

Aparantly Vodafone think a contract is only one way; where the customer MUST pay, and there service provided at there discression. I guess they have never heard of consumer rights.

I guess now my only options are to complain to the regulars or take legal action against Vodafone.

DaneB
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@darren18

This isn't good to hear.

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

For anyone else with the same issue, try the steps listed here and if you’re still affected, contact customer service.

@Dane_B

I'm not sure there is much point in contacting your team on it.

Vodafone are fully aware of my issues. They just don't give a ****.

This mornings call stated they believe the router is faulty as it loses sync as soon as a device is plugged in. That was this morning. They won't even send me a new router until a 'techie' has diagnosed it as faulty. That will take me into next week.

If they had just ordered one this morning I couldh have it by monday.

As it is my case is 'assigned' to a team member who is currently off. On hold until they return to work and look at it.

At this point if they at least gave me username/password I'd go out and BUY a decent router myself, Instead we are forced to use there cheap crud with no choice. Pretty sure this kind of practise that ISP's do is consumer unfriendly and should be reviewed. Wonder what would happen if phone providers dictated what kind of phone you had to use on your mobile contract...

I'm also been told I am out of my cooling period, despite a number of faults been raised on my line during the month I've been "subbed" and almost 0 service in that time.

This feels like a never ending saga...

DaneB
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@darren18

We understand your frustration and we apologise for the inconvenience this may have caused you.

Let us know when the Tech team have been in touch, and what they've advised.

Still no progress.

I've also learned the vodafone forum staff have even less of a sense of humour than I do (which is in itself suprising I still have one)

The last I heard was they decided the router they sent me is faulty but need the L2 engineeer assigned to my case to agree, then they will arrange a courier to bring new one and take old one away ... which will mean another day off work needed.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@darren18 I'm sorry to hear that it's still not resolved. :smileyindifferent:

You're in contact with the correct team to be able to rectify this issue and we can only apologise that it's taking so long. 

Please do keep us updated every step of the way with any progress. :smileyhappy:

Well a few days later some update

I ended up rowing with vodafone on the phone because in addition to the numerous line faults, it was clear the router had an issue - dying when a lan cable plugged in (even if the other end is not plugged into a device)

Vodafone refused to do anything for several days until an L2 engineer who was qualified to declare it faulty could look at my case.

Eventually I get a text saying new router been sent out, DPD will contact me to arrange delivery of new router and collection of old one. Find I though... DPD will contact me to arrange a suitable day. No, instead a few days later I get a text at 7am saying they be out that day. Another day I need to take off work at no notice.

New router arrives, swapped over and DPD leave. I plug the new router in and amazingly I get connectivity. and I can plug devices in!

BUT

I then look at the sync speed in the router webpage .... about 46mb. I've lost about 20mb, Upload down from 20mb to 18. Not happy.

Contact vodafone and wasted 20 mins trying to passed some idiot that kept telling me to connect my laptop over ethernet instead of wifi that would speed it up. Eventually I convinced him the speed between the PC and router is NOT the same as the speed the router syncs with the service, and viewing the webpage over lan intead of wifi would not alter the sync speed reported in the overview.

He eventually looks I get told the L2 department will contact be back again within 2 days. 2 days is up and no contact.

Since then the speed has dropped futher to sub 40mb and upload speed down to 15mb.

Not sure if vodafone consider this issue resolved, but I don't.

If you think about getting Vodafone Fibre DON'T go elsewhere. They fail on giving you the service you pay for!!! I just left Vodafone Fibre broadband which I started in January this year. Vodafone oversold their Broadband capabilieties so instead of getting 76Mb I was getting 4Mb during rush hours - They are the basis for resignation from contract. If you not getting guaranteed speeds resign go somwhere else. The customer service is just shambles, constantly lying and make in up dates on which the issue will be resolved. Change provider and if they say you have to pay cause you're in a contract, complain every day! One complain a day should do it. Vodafone is s**t!!!