Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Low sync speed / Bad live chat support

porf
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I've been with Vodafone for just over a month now on Fibre. Previously on ADSL with another ISP.

During this time the router sync speed has varied (as fast as 24Mbs) but has now stuck at 15Mbs. The guaranteed minimum was 22Mbs I believe with an estimate of 28Mbs (I'm about as far from the exchange as you can be). Now it's beyond any bedding in timescale I thought I'd try and get it looked at.
Live chat hasn't proved to be at all helpful, they may have carried out a line check, but they then appeared fixated on WiFi channels despite it being the Sync Speed at issue. They got me to change WiFi channels and then cut me off when I mentioned Sync Speeds again.

I suspect old house wiring/face plate is the limitation here and it may need to go up to Openreach.

Since the live chat I've tried a laptop on a cable connection direct to the router as well and this is sitting around 14Mbs so it looks to be a line based issue.

Is there anyway to get through to a proper support area?

Are the phone support operators any more clued up than the live chat people or is it more of the same?

Thanks

Paul

1 REPLY 1

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

@porf Sorry to hear about the problems you've been having with your broadband speeds.

If you feel you're not getting anywhere with our Live Chat feature. You can try getting in touch with our Broadband team over the phone on 08080 034 515 for Home Broadband support (free from all UK landlines and mobiles) with lines open between 8am and 11pm, seven days a week.

They should run through some home checks with you, including checking the test socket behind the face plate. Please let us know what they advise and pop back to us with any updates.