cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Many Japanese sites not working - possible DNS issue?

chrigil
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Whilst we have perfect connectivity with both video streaming, Web browsing in general etc nobody in our house can access a whole load of Japanese websites. 

www.yahoo.co.jp for example is clearly working on 4G but within our LAN it won't work at all. 

Can anyone else on Vodafone Broadband access that url? 

Any ideas? 

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Are there any possible firewalls / security suites / content blockers hindering the site ?

I haven't clicked on the link as I prefer to only access known links but I assume nothing on the site could be seen as a content / parental control issues. 

If not and all the settings are as they should be then Vodafone would I assume need to whitelist the site which the Social Media Team here who read all posts can feedback or contact the broadband team. The number is found in > https://www.vodafone.co.uk/contact-us/

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. 

It's always worked previously and is just the standard Yahoo website but for Japan. If you don't want to click here link (perfectly understandable) perhaps you could search Google for Yahoo Japan and try that link. 

What I'm trying to ascertain is whether or not Vodafone has an issue or just me hence the reason I'm trying to get another Vodafone user to check. 

Thanks again. 

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

@chrigil

I see that someone has reported what sounds like a similar problem with mobile broadband - https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Mobile-Broadband/Mobile-Broadband-Issue/m-p/2570198

I'm able to access Yahoo Japan fine using my terrestrial broadband, but our mobile data signal, which is always a bit shaky, doesn't seem to be doing anything at all today, so I can't check whether I can connect by that route.

Thanks for your help. It's working fine now so hopefully just a temporary problem.