Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Multiple devices connected.

craigr98
4: Newbie

Connected a laptop to the network fine but tried to connect a second and it wouldn't connect or it would with a slow connection. You then have to go into the Android app and change channels on 5ghz. Have to do this almost on a daily basis. Anyone having similar issues/know how to fix this permentaly?

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

May I ask what your internet speeds are @craigr98

A good option to use is the Ookla Speed test.net option. 

Some devices either prefer the 2.4ghz or 5ghz and as shch irs an idea to split the frequencies in your router to connect to the best. 

I also found changing wireless channel as some can be congested. 

The best experience would come from Ethernet connection. 

Does the device that's slow connect ok on another connection. Check if any firewall or security suite etc is hindering connection. 

I'm not aware when you became live with Vodafone Broadband but it can take from 10 days up to occasionally 30 days for the connection to settle. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

@BandOfBrothers wrote:

May I ask what your internet speeds are @craigr98

A good option to use is the Ookla Speed test.net option. 

Some devices either prefer the 2.4ghz or 5ghz and as shch irs an idea to split the frequencies in your router to connect to the best. 

I also found changing wireless channel as some can be congested. 

The best experience would come from Ethernet connection. 

Does the device that's slow connect ok on another connection. Check if any firewall or security suite etc is hindering connection. 

I'm not aware when you became live with Vodafone Broadband but it can take from 10 days up to occasionally 30 days for the connection to settle. 

I only get around 4mb. Unfortunately OpenReach haven't got around to installing broadband in my area. The laptop connects fine on another network say BT. Phones and tablet don't seem to face the same issue. I have been with Vodafone since February and I'm told a price increase is on its way for me in the next couple of months (currently paying £23 a month).

BandOfBrothers

Hey @craigr98

4mb is your probable issue. 

The more devices you connect the more bandwidth is needed. 

Tablets and phones typically use a mobile version of internet for surfing which is generally lighter. 

A laptop or computer uses a heavier version and it access more richer content on its pages. 

This may not help but if this was me I'd experiment with other browsers and use content blockers that stop advertisements on pages thus they load faster etc. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.