Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Network wiring for VC router

Keggers
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

So I've connected a Cisco 4410n access point to my vc router with a straight through cat 5 cable. There is a 5 port switch in between these but all wiring is with straight through cables. I'm having lots of issues with the wifi on the Cisco unit and am wondering if I'm wiring it all wrong, I've attached a diagram of my home network and would like help/ advice on the numbered cables as to weather they should be straight through cables or crossover cables. ,hope this makes sense. Thankyou.

23 REPLIES 23

Well! The odd thing is that on my iPad and wife's phone we are getting the full speeds, but my phone and daughters phone we are getting half speed! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

You may want to try forgetting the network connection completely and then re-adding it to those devices. It may be using an old IP address/DNS info etc assigned by the Cisco AP instead of one assigned by your Vodafone router.

In iOS you can tap the 'i' next to the network name and then Forget, in Android just tap the network name and tap Forger.

Thanks, just tried that on both devices but never made any difference, the devices that are getting slower speeds are far superior devices on paper so not following why they are slower...not that I'm that fussed as I don't need mega fast speed on my phone. It's just more out of interest why they are so different.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I wouldnt mind helping you out with this - but what issues are you experiencing with the wireless?

Your network map looks absolutely fine and shouldn't contain any issues. Be aware, however, that the Vodafone router does have *a few* issues in terms of traffic communicating between the wired and wireless (wireless from the vc router) networks that no one seems to be adressing.