Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

New customer 4 days not connected yet.

Helpmenowplease
2: Seeker

Hi all.

So I recently changed from talk talk to Vodafone unlimited 76mb home broadband, they told me on the phone that on the switch over day (6th February ) there will be no delay between services , as soon as my talk talk router stopped working the Vodafone one will start .  what actually happened was my talk talk cut out very early that morning and I waited patiently for my new Vodafone to connect , the router was plugged in at 6am that morning, in my sign up letter it states the new connection will go live anytime up until midnight that night , no problem I thought.

The next Morning came (7th Feb) and still, nothing. I called up and was told that BT had not done there part and that we were delayed up to 48 hours , annoying or what! I phoned Vodafone again today (8th Feb) and was told that we were now online ! My line has gone live , yet still , nothing ! I called them and they asked me to do a few things in order to get it going (using master socket for dsl cable etc ) still nothing , now I've been told that they're raising a ticket for a job with the tech team and they'll be in touch within another 48 hours , meaning possibly Saturday (10th Feb) .  anyone help please ?!

My router has a red light on top for internet , a green light for Wi-Fi, and underneath a long flashing red light , when I try and connect to my router it says I need to sign in , when I click sign in and says no internet and says plug in a dsl cable , which is already plugged in !

11 REPLIES 11

Helpmenowplease

Feeling hopeful ! Phoned up today and have been told that my router had not been provisioned but she has done that now ; internet light turned green ( first time ever ) and now is flashing red which she says is the router establishing a connection , may finally have it cracked !

I'm disappointed to hear of your recent experience with us @Helpmenowplease and I apologise for the delay in our response.

How've you found your connection since posting on our Community? 

Im in the same situation. 2 days and nothing. I am really angry. Sounded like it was going to be easy and right now it's  a nightmare 

@aurelieromeo980 @Mapper12 - I’m sorry to hear the issues you’re both facing with your Broadband. We’ll need to access your accounts. Please send us your details by following the instructions in this private message.

Hmm, I have spent several hours on the phone talking to people at Vodafone about the lack of internet connection.  The last person that I spoke to on Wednesday promised that I would be connected at home by midnight tonight.  Unfortunately I will be unable to confirm this until tomorrow night because I am away from home using someone elses internet connection. To be honest I wasn't convinced by this promise but I will find out in about 24 hours when I get home. I am not seeing myself stopping with Vodafone unless there is some significant compensation coming my way.  When I do get connected I suspect that I will be looking for an alternative supplier and cancelling my contract will Vodafone.

Hope you have got connected. If you have you are lucky, I have been without any internet for over a week now after moving from Sky and finding it difficult to get any help from Vodafone. My suggestion to provide me temporarily with a mobile wifi device until the broadband connection is restored has been rejected several times. So far I have spent about 3 hours on the phone to Vodafone and still no end in sight. I understand that BT Openreach is having an issue, but I don't see why I should be te one to suffer from this problem.  Vodafone insist they would do anything to help me but then every time I speak to them they flatly refuse to provide me a temporary solution. I find it difficult to accept that a multinational company the size of Vodafone find it impossible to lend me a £30 device for a little while so that I am not left stranded without any connectivity at home.  Having to use my daughters internet connection to send this reply.

powervid

I  was supposed to be connected 12/2/18

still waiting 

been told numerous different excuses most used one is the router needs “provisioning”

sending engineer out today 19/2/18

but what a hassle it has all been 

I would not recommend anybody to join Vodafone 

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

@powervid Please let us know how you get on, keep us updated and let us know what the engineer advised.

Engineer came out and my broadband had been installed to wrong address!

still no one got in touch about my complaint through your complaint page

CUSTOMER SEEVICE FROM START HAS BEEN POOR