cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No access to WIFi settings on VF Connect Router and WiFi restarts 2 or 3 times a day, any ideas?

E_SI
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Having just migrated from BT broadband this week, I am regretting it already.

I cannot access the wifi settings on the connect router as I just get a loading symbol.

Wifi restarts several times a day.

Router to PC pings at 5ms but PC to VF Newbury is anything upto 194ms

Speeds vary in non peak times but average 40 to 45 Mbps against 73Mbps guaranteed

I have a Netgear Night Hawk router and now I find out I cannot turn off the Connect wifi or turn it to modem only.

Any suggestions?

1 REPLY 1

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

@E_SI Sorry to hear you're having problems with your broadband so early on.

In the first 10 days after your go live date, the router is still settling in and fully synchronising to find the best settings for your broadband. We advise not to switch the router off at all in this time, as this will start the 10 day process over again.

You should be able to access your router settings by typing 192.168.1.1 into the address bar, is this still not working correctly for you?

Have you tried contacting our Broadband Live Chat team to look into these issues for you?

Please keep us updated and let us know how you get on. We'd hate to see you go of course, but if these issues persist, you're still welcome to cancel within the first 30 days of your policy.