Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No broadband

danadamson1973
2: Seeker

I've had no broadband since T time around 5pm.  The modem is connected and all the lights are on, but there is no connection. Says no internet access. Tried calling customer service and was on hold for 1 hour and 12 mins before I hung up. No option for a call back....

I'm now using my tab's mobile data as a wifi hotspot.  I'm just wondering if it's got something to do with my asking for my landline number to be changed>? The number is being changed tomorrow....  

11 REPLIES 11

Fudgesmammy

problems acrross the network!

told 24hrs to resolve

was on  for 3 1/2 hours waiting for a agent

24 hrs are they having a laugh.I hope we won't be getting charged for a days broadband in my next bill if that's the case. What a shambles.

What area are you in,im in Swanley,kent,got no broadband.been down for about 5hrs.

Soofla
10: Established
10: Established

@Gill1e wrote:

24 hrs are they having a laugh.I hope we won't be getting charged for a days broadband in my next bill if that's the case. What a shambles.

Have a cgeck through your contract and most importantly the SLA part. I've not got my own to hand, so cannot look. However I'd expect there to be plenty of provision in place that would allow for a 24hr outage - they would be a foolish ISP if they didn't add that provision.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi all,

We were aware of a Broadband issue between 24-25 September, however this is now resolved. 

Should you still be experiencing issues with your broadband, please reset your router.

If this should continue after completing this, please speak with our dedicated Broadband team on Live Chat or when calling 08080 034 515 between 8am - 11pm.

My Broadband has been down since 12:30pm today in the West Bromwich area (B71). 7 hours (& counting) of no internet is completely unacceptable. I was supposed to be working from home and am now going to get grief because of this.

Been with Vodafone just 3-4 months, never, ever had an issue like this before with previous ISPs.

Have reset router, switched on/off etc. Keep getting flashing green light for internet, and pop up on devices telling me to "click to restart DSL line", which leads to nothing.

DaneB
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

We're sorry to hear this @Dalmeister

Please proceed to contact our Broadband team with the details @Tash has posted above.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks.

Fingers crossed the issue will be resolved soon. I'd give them a call personally, certainly quicker than the forums.

I wuld also suggest that you look into "business class" broadband if you do any work from home. Home level broadband has no SLA's built into it and you simply cannot rely on it at all. With business class you get an SLA and you'll find the ISP will react quicker to issues. All ISP's offer a "business" connection.

Relying on "home" broadband for work is just asking for trouble I'm afraid.

Morph40

Hi,my home broadband as been down since about 6,im in Swanley kent.