cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Nobody anywhere in Vodafone will take ownership - Requested Deadlock, Customer Relations won't talk.

Ajr3773
2: Seeker

12 months ago i took the decision to move all my provision across to Vodafone. (Broadband, Landline, Mobile) How wrong i was to do this. To cut along story short there were issues with setting up the account, there were issues with connections. Porting my number across took nearly 10 days without being able to make outbound calls but this was nothing compared to my exprience 6 months in since September 2017.

As mentioned above i have all my provision through Vodafone but as a result of getting no mobile signal when at home, i'm left with having to connect to Sure Signal or use WiFi Calling. (And yes i maintain this is a Broadband issue)

Suprisingly despite over 200 communincation exchanges with Vodafone over the last 5 months neither of these services have worked in the manner portrayed and experienced with other providers, meaning i'm paying for services that i can't benefit from and by hell will anyone take ownership in Vodafone.

Its the same old standard response. Broadband blame Sure Signal, Sure Signal blame Broadband, Mobile blame anybody and to this point i'm sick of being advised the fault has been escalated, somebody will be in touch. I'm sorry but i have enough experience of Vodafone now, to know that they won't and they never do.

So what has happened to date. Well just about every diagnostic test know to man. I've now had 3 Routers, 2 Sure Signal boxes, WiFi calling has been turned on and turned off more times than i care to imagine and between myself and my wife we've now had 4 new handsets between us (Now on iPhone X). Aside from this, everything has been reset, re-provisioned, removed from the network and placed back on, changed location and put back to location. The account has been reset so many times i've lost count and here i am with the same fault i resported back on the 12th of September 2017 via live chat and there is no ownership of the fault within Vodafone.

Now what i have been able to do over all this time, is narrow it down to a fundamental issue with the current setup of my Broadband Service. How have i done this you ask?

Well lets just assume i did'nt know anything at all about Sure Signal. Lets just say it doesn't exist, I activate Wifi Calling, because in essence i've been told, time and time again that Sure Signal and Wifi Calling are the same its just WiFi Calling is routed without the need for a box.

So whats happening and what have i identified!

Whether it be Wifi calling or Sure Signal the following happens;

I attempt to make a call and on many occasions it takes approx 10-15 seconds to connect. I then attempt to disconnect a call and it takes 10-15 seconds to end the call and my handset then shows call failure despite pressing the end call button.

Then if a call does connect, i can hear the other person perfectly but they can't hear a word i'm saying despite the correct light sequence on the Sure Siganl box or if on WiFi calling WiFi Calling being present as well as a full signal on my handset. 

Oh and before you say it, my speeds over WiFi are fine also. (Approx 50-55Mbps download and approx 20Mbps upload) For the avoidance of doubt i also ensure that if using Sure Signal the WiFi Calling is deactivated as i know they conflict.

The light sequence on the Sure Signal box is also a mystery to Tech 1, 2 & 3 being as follows throughout the day;

Solid Red, Solid White Globe, Solid White Signal and a Solid White Mobile that comes on intermittenly when phone is not in use.  Then the light sequnce will change to Solid Red, Solid Amber Globe, Solid White Signal and no Mobile light on. and then flick back over to the first sequence every 5 - 10 mins.

So given all of the above its evident and has apparently also been determined by Vodafone at long last today that the fault is not with Sure Signal. Its most definately with Broadband despite Broadband advising there are no faults due to having a conncection, being able to connect to WiFi and being able to open internet pages.

Between Complaints and Technical they both came to a conclusion today that having looked at the account in its entirity the best and most sensible approach would be to take me through to 'Deadlock' to which point i was transferred but after 2hrs of being kept on hold, after being put through to PAYG customer care and Pay monthly billing by mistake i was told that Customer Relations will not speak to me as they need to review the account and they will in turn call me next Wednesday / Thursday.

Another advisor said it was my fault that i had all my provison with Vodafone because had i had my services split across other providers there a large possiblity that the fault could be isolated and diagnosed. (Great comment that one for customer retention).

Unless Merlin reads this and can miraculously solve this issue in a heartbeat, i urgently seek Deadlock as i need to terminate all my provision with Vodafone because being quite frank nobody knows what they are doing, there is never any followup. Not one department takes ownership and Depsite emailing an official complaint last Thursday and requesting via telephone a complaint to be documented on 2 occasions, the promises of escalation are just a smokescreen, here i am, still sat here having heard nothing with no resolution.

Let’s just look at my experience over the last 5 months;

Over 60 hours of my time spent calling and chasing Vodafone over this whole issue and still no resolution in sight. No effective mobile service whilst at home, which as a homeworker has cost me hours of my own time seeking a resolution and has also lost me business. No permanent fix to my broadband service, dating back to August 2017. Over 200 communications with Vodafone in the last 5 months and still resolution. Constant promises of call backs and escalation and they never happen, leading me to call again and agian and chase. And each time i do call, i am asked to repeat the same diagnostic steps over and over again.

I would advise anyone to look at the history notes on my account over the last 5 months and just look at what's been done to effectively leave me in the same position as August 2017.

I want out and i want out now........ You've admitted you can't fix this so its only fair that you cancel the entire account and let me source provsion that works with companies that take customer service seriously.

6 REPLIES 6

Ajr3773

Don't know if this is of use but thought it worthwhile to put up.

Tracing route to 212.183.133.177 over a maximum of 30 hops

1     2 ms     2 ms     1 ms  vodafone.connect [192.168.1.1]
  2    36 ms    37 ms    43 ms  host-212-158-250-35.dslgb.com [212.158.250.35]
  3    24 ms    23 ms    23 ms  63.130.105.110
  4     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  5  213.185.194.157  reports: Destination net unreachable.

KHNI
4: Newbie

They are a joke.  Been waiting weeks to be connected but all they do is lie to me about when my connection is going live.  Gonna see if Plusnet will take me back.

Ajr3773

12 months ago i took the decision to move all my provision across to Vodafone. (Broadband, Landline, Mobile) How wrong i was to do this. To cut along story short there were issues with setting up the account, there were issues with connections. Porting my number across took nearly 10 days without being able to make outbound calls but this was nothing compared to my exprience 6 months in since September 2017.

As mentioned above i have all my provision through Vodafone but as a result of getting no mobile signal when at home, i'm left with having to connect to Sure Signal or use WiFi Calling. (And yes i maintain this is a Broadband issue but I'm posting it here in case anyone can shed light of whats exactly going on)

Suprisingly despite over 200 communincation exchanges with Vodafone over the last 5 months neither of these services have worked in the manner portrayed and experienced with other providers, meaning i'm paying for services that i can't benefit from and by hell will anyone take ownership in Vodafone.

Its the same old standard response. Broadband blame Sure Signal, Sure Signal blame Broadband, Mobile blame anybody and to this point i'm sick of being advised the fault has been escalated, somebody will be in touch. I'm sorry but i have enough experience of Vodafone now, to know that they won't and they never do.

So what has happened to date. Well just about every diagnostic test know to man. I've now had 3 Routers, 2 Sure Signal boxes, WiFi calling has been turned on and turned off more times than i care to imagine and between myself and my wife we've now had 4 new handsets between us (Now on iPhone X). Aside from this, everything has been reset, re-provisioned, removed from the network and placed back on, changed location and put back to location. The account has been reset so many times i've lost count and here i am with the same fault i resported back on the 12th of September 2017 via live chat and there is no ownership of the fault within Vodafone.

Now what i have been able to do over all this time, is narrow it down to a fundamental issue with the current setup of my Broadband Service. How have i done this you ask?

Well lets just assume i did'nt know anything at all about Sure Signal. Lets just say it doesn't exist, I activate Wifi Calling, because in essence i've been told, time and time again that Sure Signal and Wifi Calling are the same its just WiFi Calling is routed without the need for a box.

So whats happening and what have i identified!

Whether it be Wifi calling or Sure Signal the following happens;

I attempt to make a call and on many occasions it takes approx 10-15 seconds to connect. I then attempt to disconnect a call and it takes 10-15 seconds to end the call and my handset then shows call failure despite pressing the end call button.

Then if a call does connect, i can hear the other person perfectly but they can't hear a word i'm saying despite the correct light sequence on the Sure Siganl box or if on WiFi calling WiFi Calling being present as well as a full signal on my handset. 

Oh and before you say it, my speeds over WiFi are fine also. (Approx 50-55Mbps download and approx 20Mbps upload) For the avoidance of doubt i also ensure that if using Sure Signal the WiFi Calling is deactivated as i know they conflict.

The light sequence on the Sure Signal box is also a mystery to Tech 1, 2 & 3 being as follows throughout the day;

Solid Red, Solid White Globe, Solid White Signal and a Solid White Mobile that comes on intermittenly when phone is not in use.  Then the light sequnce will change to Solid Red, Solid Amber Globe, Solid White Signal and no Mobile light on. and then flick back over to the first sequence every 5 - 10 mins.

So given all of the above its evident and has apparently also been determined by Vodafone at long last today that the fault is not with Sure Signal. Its most definately with Broadband despite Broadband advising there are no faults due to having a conncection, being able to connect to WiFi and being able to open internet pages.

Between Complaints and Technical they both came to a conclusion today that having looked at the account in its entirity the best and most sensible approach would be to take me through to 'Deadlock' to which point i was transferred but after 2hrs of being kept on hold, after being put through to PAYG customer care and Pay monthly billing by mistake i was told that Customer Relations will not speak to me as they need to review the account and they will in turn call me next Wednesday / Thursday.

Another advisor said it was my fault that i had all my provison with Vodafone because had i had my services split across other providers there a large possiblity that the fault could be isolated and diagnosed. (Great comment that one for customer retention).

Unless Merlin reads this and can miraculously solve this issue in a heartbeat, i urgently seek Deadlock as i need to terminate all my provision with Vodafone because being quite frank nobody knows what they are doing, there is never any followup. Not one department takes ownership and Depsite emailing an official complaint last Thursday and requesting via telephone a complaint to be documented on 2 occasions, the promises of escalation are just a smokescreen, here i am, still sat here having heard nothing with no resolution.

Let’s just look at my experience over the last 5 months;

Over 60 hours of my time spent calling and chasing Vodafone over this whole issue and still no resolution in sight. No effective mobile service whilst at home, which as a homeworker has cost me hours of my own time seeking a resolution and has also lost me business. No permanent fix to my broadband service, dating back to August 2017. Over 200 communications with Vodafone in the last 5 months and still resolution. Constant promises of call backs and escalation and they never happen, leading me to call again and agian and chase. And each time i do call, i am asked to repeat the same diagnostic steps over and over again.

I would advise anyone to look at the history notes on my account over the last 5 months and just look at what's been done to effectively leave me in the same position as August 2017.

I want out and i want out now........ You've admitted you can't fix this so its only fair that you cancel the entire account and let me source provsion that works with companies that take customer service seriously.

Don't know if this offers any assistance but thought i'd post up.

Tracing route to 212.183.133.177 over a maximum of 30 hops

1     2 ms     2 ms     1 ms  vodafone.connect [192.168.1.1]
  2    36 ms    37 ms    43 ms  host-212-158-250-35.dslgb.com [212.158.250.35]
  3    24 ms    23 ms    23 ms  63.130.105.110
  4     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  5  213.185.194.157  reports: Destination net unreachable.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Ajr3773 Thanks for your detailed description of events and it does look like a very frustrating situation.

It's clear we'd need to access your account in order to look into your query further. If you'd like us to do this, please contact us directly using the link in the private message I've sent. 

Alternatively if you did wish to take this to deadlock, then you'd need to wait for our Customer Relations team to call you later on this week, as you've mentioned. 

Whichever route you choose to go down, I do hope you're able to come to a satisfactory resolution. 

Replied via the link you have sent. I await with interest.