Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Not fit for purpose

el_presidente
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have been with BT broadband for years, but when I moved house in August I made what seems to have been a terrible mistake, by signing up to Vodafone broadband.

In the last week alone I've had several outages which have been up to four hours long, and multiple drop-outs of a minute or so where I lose internet connectivity. Looking online suggests I'm far from being alone in having these problems. Some of these outages are geographically widespread, too, which indicates fundamental network issues. Even when it is working, speed fluctuates and tends to be slower on average than my previous provider.

I'm massively disappointed in this. I work from home on IT projects and I need a relable network. At what point does the service become so bad that Vodafone is failing to meet contract?

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @el_presidente

No wonder your unimpressed if thats the service your currently getting. 

May I ask how long has it been since your activation date ?

From the Vodafone Terms-and-conditions.Screenshot_20171211-112932.jpg

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)

@el_presidente We're sorry to hear you're having issues with your broadband. Have you contacted our Broadband Live Chat team to take a look into this for you?

Please let us know what they advise and please feel free to come back to us if you have any further questions.

thomas8844
1: Seeker

If your access line speed is lower than the minimum guaranteed speed we said you’d get when you signed up for Vodafone Broadband, please call us free on 08080 034 515 and the team will find out why. Calls are free from all UK landlines and mobiles, and lines are open from 8am to 11pm, seven days a week. If you can’t remember your minimum guaranteed speed, you’ll find it in your service confirmation letter.

If we’re not able to resolve your speed issue within 28 days, you have the right to cancel your contract without penalty. Should such an unfortunate situation occur, simply call the team and they’ll talk you through your options.

Within 28 days ?

Are you guys serious ? And what is the cusotmer suppose to do during those 28 days ?

You have hogged his line, killed his speed and effected his work !!!

2 days shoudl be our maximum waiting period and with alternative connection via 3G or 4G routers sent to us too...

TJ

@Techno_Man  If the service is materially degraded for an unreasonable period of time, or if we don’t do something fundamental that we should have done under this Agreement, within 7 days of you asking us in writing you may be able to leave the Agreement early without paying a termination fee.

We’ll provide our services with reasonable skill and care, but our ability to provide the services is dependent upon other companies who provide services to us as well as the general availability of our network. It may be that we'll need to allow additional time for external investigation also.

If our customers have a phone with us, they're offered a 50GB stay connected package of data added to their account free of charge, until the issue is resolved.