main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Broadband & Home Phone

PS4 NAT Failure

Highlighted
2: Seeker

Hi, Several days ago we started to experience NAT failures on my sons PS4 essentially rendering it useless as all games played are on line multiplayer which fail to connect. The PS4 is connected with ethernet using homeplug, we have given it a static IP and ensured that its in the DMZ. I have also tested with and without firewall and UPNP. Nothing seems to work so would appreciate any ideas. Next step will be to replace the VF Connect router to test an alternative but i would rather not.

View more options
9 REPLIES

Hey @statefulinspect, sorry your having some issues. 

This error can be caused by a number of things, however there's something you could try whiich normally works.

Power everything off, and disconnect your Ethernet cable and homeplugs. 

Reset the router by holding the reset button in for 20 seconds. 

When the router's back on, reconnect your Ethernet cable, plug in you homeplugs and finally switch on the gaming console. 

Basically all you're doing is a hard reset on the router and connecting the devices on your network one by one. 

You shoudnt need to put our router into DMZ mode, but you can switch this back on later if you want.

Let us know how you get on..

Blair

View more options

Hi Thanks for the reply, I have tried that and whilst it works for a while as soon as i start to add back in my settings for Wifi and additional ethernet connected devices it fails again. Add to this the fact that the router screens now no longer display correctly. for a range of the options im back at square one and worse off.  I have a Tier 2 case open on this issue that im waiting to hear from support on

View more options
10: Established

Out of curiosity, if you were to move the PS4 to a location where the HomeAV plugs were not needed (just for a test) does everything work.

Certainly with our own powerline adapters the connections improved (along with the powerline management apps) when we ditched the VF router.

View more options

We'll thanks for trying @statefulinspect

If the router admin page is not displaying correctly, this might indicate an issue with the router of course, and it might actually be the  upnp server on the router that's casing your issue. I'll leave our Tech2 team to disgnose this though as they can check the router remotely. 

With your Powerline plugs, are they always on a green light? Most of them have amber and red lights too that indicate if your mains circuits have some noise.  It might be work checking these also, just in case there's more than one issue.

Blair

View more options

we have since had an eng to the house as they identified a fault on the line so didnt get to try your suggestion but thanks anyway. Just have the router screen issue to deal with now :-)

View more options

Hi The powerline adaptors have green on all the time. We have had an eng to the house to deal with a line fault that tech 2 found however i continue to have the issue with the router screens where i am unable to access the settings. Are you able to confirm if the tech 2 team have that as an open issue ?

Thanks

View more options

I also see from a similar post with the identical issue that the router was replaced as it was running old firmware, how can i check this ?

View more options

If you can’t access the router software, the “G.U.I.” as we call it, you probably can’t check the firmware, however our Customer Care team can check this. If it's an older router, and you still have issues after a reset, then it’s really likely that we’ll need to replace it. I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch about this.

I’m glad your Powerline adapters are working though, as they can be quite susceptible to any noise on an electrical mains circuit.

Blair

View more options
10: Established

Blair is right about the powerline adapters being sensitive to noise on the mains ring.  We've 1Gbps adapters, with an average sync rate of 600Mbps - which is good - but Ive seen the same adapters in a noisy environment hit less than 150Mbps!

View more options