Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Payment to previous ISP to chngeover

eezyrider
4: Newbie

Having just upgraded our 2 phone contracts, the advisor asked about our broadband. He offered a deal which was acceptable including ''hassle free changeover and costs outstanding to our current ISP''.

Literally within minutes I had an email from BT stating there would be £103+ to pay to leave the contract incl £65ish equipment charges.  Can anyone confirm how Vodafone pay this and will they, as stated cover this full amount? ( I have a transcript of the chat and there is no limit mentioned on the outstanding amount ).

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Looking at the Vodafone isp switching info page here > https://www.vodafone.co.uk/broadband/switch -  it says > Remember to check for any early termination fees before you switch.

If this was my situation I'd ring the Vodafone Broadband Team to clarify. 

08080 034 511

Calls are free from landlines and mobiles. Lines are open from 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for that.

I quote

''James E: There is no connection fees and delivery charges and we will cover the final bill what you have with BT :Smiling: to buy you out early :Winking_smiley: ''

There is no further detail on this. I should have asked but after over 1 hour on chat I'd had enough. Plus the cricket was just starting :Smiling:

BandOfBrothers

Cricket is important I agree :Winking_smiley:

Hopefully on speaking to the BB Team will clear this up for you @eezyrider

Current Phone  >

Hi @eezyrider,

I had seen an offer stating that Vodafone would cover fees for early termination of a previous broadband contract, however the information I saw said it was up to a £100 limit. In my opinion, if the Vodafone should have to honour what you were told (i.e. covering the costs without a limit) at point of sale. However just be prepared to be met with some resistance as they may try and fob you off a bit by claiming the website clearly stated there was a limit elsewhere.

Stick to your guns with the complaints/broadband team and make sure you keep pointing out what you were told at the point of sale.

Thanks for your assistance. My partner thought she had read similar somewhere. 

At the moment it is not an issue as the final bill is just £3 more than that limit.

Slightly off-piste but if anyone is thinking of changing to BT, beware of broken promises. We were offered Infinity 1 (52mbps) for £28 per month. After a few months they upped the price to £31-49 and removed the free BT Sport. I see they are offering similar deals at the moment but would doubt very much if they would last the length of the contract. A complete deception in my view.

BandOfBrothers

Hope the advice has been of some use to you. :Smiling:

My isp is Bt on Infinity 1 and receive around 53-55mpbs download speeds. 

I always broker a deal as it can pay to ask. 

I pay around £30 a month for unlimited BB and telephone line rental although I never use the phone. This deal lasts the 18 months of the term. 

Last time I checked Bt Sport certain channels were free as long as you were in contract. Personally i had that service turned off anyway as I do prefer to look around when looking at changing isp providers and didn't want to worry about being charged for Bt Sport. 

I've been with Bt for over 30 years. 

That said when I'm close to end of contract I always look at other suppliers with Vodafone being one. 

Like all most other suppliers costs can and will rise. 

Current Phone  >