main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Broadband & Home Phone

Poor customer support

4: Newbie

As mentioned in other threads I've been in contact with Twitter support and with issues I've had since July I requested info how we stand to leave mid contract. I was asked to supply screenshots of speed tests so the Twitter support would have a better understanding of my options to leave which we did. With no response from Twitter support for over 24hrs(seems the norm) I connected to live chat due to being on hold on the phone for well over an hour...and asked the adviser how we stand. They asked the usual security questions to access the account. They came back saying we wouldn't be charged for leaving mid contract and all I had to do is give phone number to new provider when switching (I have screen shots). Great news we thought and started the switch to BT. A day later Twitter support come back and say no you can't leave mid contract without charge as the option to downgrade exists. This coming after live chat said different. My questions are....

1. If given the info on live chat who in my opinion are representing Vodafone was I right to act on it?

2. Can Vodafone block the migration due to take place on the 21st December?

3. I'm willing to fight the fee due to being told by live chat we wouldn't be charged. I've sent a complaint into Vodafone and considering reporting to Ofcom.

4. What else should I do?? 

Furious doesn't begin to describe how we feel right now and the offer of a downgrade is insulting to say the least. The provided screen shots we sent to Twitter support clearly show an average of 10mbps over 3 tests on 3 times of day on a line meant to be syncing at 37.2mbps. What speeds would we get I'd downgraded....

View more options
4 REPLIES

Hey @Jay8135, if you're still in a contract when you leave on 21 December, you'll be charged an early termination fee.

If an adviser said that you can leave without paying anything on Live Chat, this would be classed as misadvise. 

As part of the easy switch process, we can't stop any transfer to another company. You'd still be required to pay the termination fees.

If you've already raised a complaint with us, our Customer Relations team will be in touch to discuss it with you. They're the highest point of escalation within Vodafone.

I hope you're able to get something sorted.

View more options

And what is the policy on "misadvice" we acted on the advice given from a Vodafone representative who accessed our account. we can prove this as the advisor told us what the current sync speed was on the line at that time ( screenshot taken) if we was given misadvice and acted upon that advice then you cannot penalise the customer for doing so. 

View more options

Received a message today saying Vodafone WILL honour the termination of contract without fee... roll on the 21st Dec no moaning kids playing new consoles over the Christmas period......

View more options

Good to see that you've got things sorted @Jay8135.

We're here if you need us for anything further.

Blair

View more options