cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

100% Proof of throttling twitch iptv etc.

mrmarkyuk
10: Established
10: Established

Here's the proof of throttling - Once I vpn out of the vodafone throttling wall twitch is working perfect at full video source.

PROOF of  throttling  - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWqlPPGcv6Q 

It looks like throttling is around between 3.8 - 4 - once I hit up onto the vpn you will notice i'm up at around 10 and playback is perfect

There's too many other customers on here reporting the exact same issue for it to be a problem our side - I've tested multiple routers etc to rule that out - I created this new thread because now we can see it really is a vodafone problem.

this is my speed 
7929135659.png

Can you give an estimation when this will be changed back?

804 REPLIES 804

gipjon
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Think the answer is all ready said in the vodafone statement. you can post as many speed test results as you like. but unless you are also going to complain to Ofcom there is not much point .there is a identical thread to this one at the start of 2018 also with Vodafone moderate saying they are looking in the throttling and speed issue .And a year later the only answer is still the same leave and join another isp . This forum  is just another form of control to stop you complaint to ofcom . 

Very interesting.. I came downstairs this morning to no Internet at all on my broadband and a message on my phone asking me to sign into my wifi.  Opened that, hit the reconnect button on the Vodafone router screen that came up and all seemed to be fine.  I wrongly optimistically wondered if that means my issue is being looked into or even resolved but alas no - everything is the same - buffering when streaming live tv every 5 seconds with no vpn  but there is a slight difference - fast.com tells me Im actually not connected to the internet at all now lol :fastcom.JPG

Just had a look at my logs on the router and until the point I reconnected, they are just full of PPoE PADI sent messages - pages and pages of it...  Not sure if something wierd is going on - my server on speedtest.net is now  'Legaco Networks B.V.' - getting amazing scores :Smiling: https://www.speedtest.net/result/8029595583 yet my Vodafone router still tells me Im syncing at 55Mbps and 14.5Mbps up : router1002.JPG

Jimbo

Just wondering if you could brief your customers on the latest,   and how long it will take before things are running smoothly again?

Here is the confirmation from the complaints department that you guys have problems. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for getting in touch about your recent experience. I’m really sorry this led to your email to our Customer Relations Team on 22 January 2019

Just to recap, when we spoke today on 30 January 2019, you explained that you are experiencing slow speed with IPTV application. Unable to watch videos without buffering.

To resolve this, we would like to apologise for the inconvenience caused. Unfortunately we are unable to resolve this issue as it’s a third party application. Your download and surfing speed seems to above than guarantee speed however as we are unable to rectify this we have applied a 20% discount towards your monthly rental for next 18 month. Your monthly rental will now be £22.40.

-------------------------------------------------

It's confirmed you guys have a problem and your unable to fix it  - So if you can't fix the issue let us leave for free.

If you can't provide us with a service then let us leave for another internet company it's only fair - Your broadband service is only good for reading webpages - what your doing is theft.

---------------------------------

Thanks for getting in touch about your recent experience. I’m really sorry this led to your email to our Customer Relations Team on 22 January 2019

Just to recap, when we spoke today on 30 January 2019, you explained that you are experiencing slow speed with IPTV application. Unable to watch videos without buffering.

To resolve this, we would like to apologise for the inconvenience caused. Unfortunately we are unable to resolve this issue as it’s a third party application. Your download and surfing speed seems to above than guarantee speed however as we are unable to rectify this we have applied a 20% discount towards your monthly rental for next 18 month. Your monthly rental will now be £22.40.

-------------------------------------------------

Throttling certain connections is definitely something that's been switched on by Vodafone sometime in the last couple of months.

A site I use regularly previously streamed up to 8MB/s (single thread) whereas it is now 250kb/s maximum.

Single thread speed test shows up to 8MB/s as expected.

The service is generally very poor. We should be getting 60MB/s bandwidth but 9 times out of 10 speedtests are maxing out around 20MB/s.

And this experience  is all via a wired connection.

That's just one problem. The wireless signal is ridiculously unpredictable. Some wireless devices regularly lose connection.

It's so obvious from all the complaints that Vodafone simply don't have the bandwidth to serve their customers appropriately and now it seems they've resorted to throttling in desperation.

This doesn't affect everyone. I've been doing some experiments with a friend and found huge variations in transfer rates between us. By transferring the same test files fast.com uses I get 3-400KBps and she gets 1.5MBps in one case. Other examples are even more dramatic. We both ran tracert and get identical results.

So the same files, same time of day, identical routes. Yet one user gets transfers 3x slower than the other.

Note that some of my speedtest results (the "approved BT Lancs" one for example) produce transfer rates entirely consistent with my sync speed.

I'd love to know if there is any explanation other than throttling but I can't think of one.

@Vodz

NP20

Newport, wales.

mbames
13: Advanced Member

Weymouth

DT4

Hi,

Add me to the list too.

Been having the same problems myself since just before Christmas. Keep getting fobbed off by support.

Here's my own video proof of the exact same problems, then disappearing through a VPN:

https://files.facepunch.com/adam/080219184318/vpn.mp4

Bloxwich/Walsall area.

Grrrrrr.

JimboAccy
4: Newbie

Hello there

Just wondering if anyone else might be having problems with live tv streaming.  Its constantly buffering every 5 seconds but it works fine when I take it to a friends house.  Up until around a month or two ago, it was flawless.  Im paying £40 a year for this tv service and at the moment its unusable.  Ive tried on my phone, on my laptop and on my PC (which is unfortunately connected to the router via a Powerline adapter as I have no phone sockets in my lounge) and its the same on all 3 devices.  I have borrowed a super long CAT5 cable to test a direct link to my PC from the router and will try that later on today when I get home. 

I contacted the live chat guys about this a couple of days ago and told me to split my wifi, which I already have been doing for about the last 12 months, and asked me to put some google DNS addresses into my router which I have done and then they told me to manually choose a 2.4Ghz channel and set my 5GHz to Auto.

I did this (chose several 2.4Ghz channels and no improvement) but lost my 5GHz connection as I am not broadcasting my SSIDs.  As soon as I broadcast my 5Ghz SSID on 'Auto' channel it worked fine so I changed it back to manual and selected a 'quiet' channel and rehid my SSID like it was before and that was that.

They checked my line and said there was no faults (they copied and pasted the results of the test in the chat) and I am syncing at 55MBps and they guarantee 40Mbps. So apart from adding some manual DNS settings to my router (primary 8.8.8.8 and secondary 8.8.4.4 or it could have been 8884), all the other advice I was given I was already doing.  Speedtest (ookla) also showed that the speeds were good (as long as I didnt use Newbury server - for some reason that shows half the speed?).

General browsing seems to be working fine and im streaming my Xbox (connected on 5ghz) to my PC (connected via powerline adapter) no problem - its purely my live tv streaming program/app.

Has there been a restriction put in place recently?  If so, I will be leaving Vodafone as it works fine at my freinds houses who are not on vodafone.  Ive not got the router firewall on either.

Any more advice/help on what I can try to resolve this would be great - thanks

Jimbo