cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

100% Proof of throttling twitch iptv etc.

mrmarkyuk
10: Established

Here's the proof of throttling - Once I vpn out of the vodafone throttling wall twitch is working perfect at full video source.

PROOF of  throttling  - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWqlPPGcv6Q 

It looks like throttling is around between 3.8 - 4 - once I hit up onto the vpn you will notice i'm up at around 10 and playback is perfect

There's too many other customers on here reporting the exact same issue for it to be a problem our side - I've tested multiple routers etc to rule that out - I created this new thread because now we can see it really is a vodafone problem.

this is my speed 
7929135659.png

Can you give an estimation when this will be changed back?

804 REPLIES 804

Read the first few pages of this forum......

I assume theres a wider problem then thats affecting me too then?  No one else has mentioned problems with streaming live TV that I can see so thats why I posted.

Last night I connected my PC direct to the router via a CAT5 cable and tried all 4 lan ports at the back of the router and no difference at all.  I also connected my ADSL filter direct into the master socket (took the front part off and connected it into the socket direct) and rebooted the router and again, no difference at all so its not the Wifi thats the problem, it must be the broadband surely?

Jimbo

I am having the same buffering issues 😞

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)

It's very strange that you're only experiencing issues with this one particular service @JimboAccy, especially after all the thorough troubleshooting you've done.

So I can take a closer look into this, I've sent you and @Gopterukprivate message with details on how to get in touch directly. 

Thank you @TJ - I am away for the weekend now so will follow this up on Tuesday when I'm back home

Jimbo

TJ

You're welcome @JimboAccy, get in touch when ever you've got time 👍 I hope we can get this resolved for you!

mrmarkyuk

TJ We all know what it is... its the way  you guys are routing the broadband

Read this thread 

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Broadband-Home-Phone/100-Proof-of-throttling-twitch-iptv-etc/td-p/26...

KeithAlger replied with what the issue is - we would love for you guys to fix it.

Just logged into my vodafone account and noticed there was a button for 'Manage content controls' next to my broadband product.  I had 'Safe' selected.  Im sure this wasnt there before?  Ive turned it off in the small hope it might make a difference?  But so far no joy.. Will give it a while...

Jimbo

gipjon
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

sorry to say it will just unblock dodgy website thats all , ie lot of kodi streaming sites etc , web site that has dodgy software, hack etc 

Yep spot on - made no difference whatsoever so Ive turned it back on.

Will persist with the email conversations I am having at the moment which are asking me to do things Ive already done and stated in the original post in this thread (which I sent a link to in the original form I submitted like TJ requested)... 

See how far I get...  Not much point in asking to leave if it takes 8 weeks, I will be very nearly out of contract by then anyway.

I am in the process of getting 4g sorted out very shortly anyway so I am happy to use that just for my live TV streaming until the end of my home broadband contract in mid april (others that have the same service as me have confirmed, rather ironically, that it works on Vodafone 4g so believe it or not Im moving my 4g over to Vodafone)

Jimbo