main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Broadband & Home Phone

Really slow speeds, but full sync speed.

4: Newbie

So recently moved to Vodafone, been with sky for 5 years without any issues like this...

some times of the day my internet is fine...

then sometimes of the day its not...

this is not on... I pay for 80/20 and expect to get somewhere close to that 24/7

I really need answers....

View more options
27 REPLIES

brought a new game...  doing is going to take me days! ##~##.

I had faster speeds on ADSL.

becoming a joke.

View more options

lastest speed test -.- 

View more options

@Smir So we can take a look into this for you, please contact our dedicated broadband Live Chat team and we'll be happy to help.

View more options

I too have similar issues, Vodafone router page shows amazing speeds, yet when I run speed tests they are no where need the speeds that the router page shows. I have already had a OpenReach engineer to fix the issue, but clearly that hasn't worked. Where do we go from here? Because I am getting below the speeds that you guys said you would guarantee.

View more options
Administrator

@craigr98 When you're testing these speeds, are you using a wireless or Ethernet connection? 

View more options

.im having the same issue however my issue seems to be intermittent it was suggested by a customer service rep to be either a fault or possibly to many people on the network in my area still waiting on Vodafone official response

View more options

hope you have the patience of a saint, level 2 tech contacted OR saying I had no dial tone.. that isn;'t the issue.. having a speeds of this is!

View more options

@Andy2513 do keep us updated!

bet my area is oversold too! most people probably don't notice it too care.. but I notice it!

View more options

Alex wrote:

@craigr98 When you're testing these speeds, are you using a wireless or Ethernet connection? 

Please see the picture. I tested over WiFi, yes I know you don't gurantee WiFi speeds etc, but your telling me that I should be getting a 38.9mb of a difference between the router page and what I get on WiFi?! Also I am not sitting very far from the router. In fact I have moved the router to the place recommended by the OpenReach engineer that you sent out. Your router's are't that bad are they? By the way I switched to fibre on 21st September 2017, so this issue has been going on for over a month now.

View more options

@Andy2513 do keep us updated!

bet my area is oversold too! most people probably don't notice it too care.. but I notice it!

@Smir to keep you updated I opened a complaint and still no tech team wanted to talk to me and well to summarise my ticket got closed as I got told because my sync speeds are ok there are no issues as they do not guarantee throughput speed. so my drops to 13mbps dont matter Then went on to blame the fault on me due to being a heavy user streaming 4k videos.

It isn’t until I mentioned my open complaint and that I am willing to go to the ombudsman that they then agreed to send an engineer out to me in the am so now waiting to find out what they say.

View more options

they raised a fault with me with OR, but they did it totally wrong.. they told OR that I had no dial tone, they are really useless.

Taken just now.

The best speeds I have had in the evening for a long time.... but no were near t he 80/20 I'm synced at -. clearly signs of a struggling network.

spoke to soon... another test and its gone back down to the default evening speeds lol...

View more options

oh no that is not good at least mine is intermittent but they tried to say that it is normal to drop out at least 2-3 times a day on any service mmmmmm I think not. I have just looked at the ombudsman complaint system I plan on asking what qualifications these tech 2 guys have as they need to be adequately trained to deal with our issues and looks like they may not be .... Heck I am a paramedic and appears I know more than them or is that just me having a small amount of common scenes.

View more options

I've had sky fiber for around 5 years actually since moving here, and never ever had a single issue until I switched to Vodafone....

View more options

Smir wrote:

I've had sky fiber for around 5 years actually since moving here, and never ever had a single issue until I switched to Vodafone....

i too had sky and had fiber for 3 years had one issue which needed several visits from an engineer but then it was sorted  oh why did i change over :-/  #skybroadbandbetterthanvodafone

View more options

so slow to even try >.<

no more PUBG or Destiny 2 for me tonight now =-/ becoming such a pain in the ##~##...

View more options

right now its fine give it a few hours when I actually have time to get on the pc and it'll get worse =-/

View more options
2: Seeker

Alex wrote:

Seriously will yourself and vodafone stop asking this stupid question. It shouldnt matter. If your paying for 76mbps and your getting less than twenty on a modern device  its obvious your routers are rubbish along with your service. The whole 30 day settling in thing is complete nonsense. Your broadband is not performing.

View more options

Edingd01 wrote:

Alex wrote:

Seriously will yourself and vodafone stop asking this stupid question. It shouldnt matter. If your paying for 76mbps and your getting less than twenty on a modern device  its obvious your routers are rubbish along with your service. The whole 30 day settling in thing is complete nonsense. Your broadband is not performing.

Indeed I am merly quoting what Vodafone say, I think its rubbish that they cannot guarantee WiFi speeds yet how many people these day have ethernet connections when compared to connecting via WiFi.

View more options
3: Seeker

Got the same issue sync speed at 75.5 after openreach engineer visit.

Checked my speed this morning and it was around 60Mbs

In the evening 10Mbs if im lucky !

Apparently issue has been escalated to L2 after initial line test & i should get a call in 72 hours

Seeing lots of CRC & FEC errors wonder if thats got somehting to do with it.....

Will update with results  - to add BT was fine 24/7 almost constant speeds

View more options