main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Broadband & Home Phone

Really slow speeds, but full sync speed.

4: Newbie

@raheel_k wrote:

Got the same issue sync speed at 75.5 after openreach engineer visit.

Checked my speed this morning and it was around 60Mbs

In the evening 10Mbs if im lucky !

Apparently issue has been escalated to L2 after initial line test & i should get a call in 72 hours

Seeing lots of CRC & FEC errors wonder if thats got somehting to do with it.....

Will update with results  - to add BT was fine 24/7 almost constant speeds

@raheel_k

I would also watch your SNR noise margian it apparently should be around 6db as the enginier i have just had said this can effect the speed if it changes a lot. there also seems to be a lot of people on here that seems to be having speed issues 

View more options

We're sorry to hear this @raheel_k

Let us know on the outcome of your call with our Tech team.

Thanks.

View more options
3: Seeker

checked out the noise margins

Evening when getting around 10mbs

Down 6.3

up 15.7

Morning when getting around 60Mbs

Down 6

Up 15.4

Still waiting for Level 2 to come back to me...

View more options

well not a single improvement at all, zero ##~## were given by Vodafone since the start.

View more options

so these are bad...?

I'll check again tomorrow when the speed is fine.. >.<

View more options

still no resolution, highly recommend not move to Vodafone if your current provider is perfectly fine.

Currently, have a resolver.co.uk case setup they haven't replied to at all. I'll be getting all my money back and moving else where.

View more options

I am having the exact same issue between 7pm to around 12pm basically internet is unusable. They try to give me the run around, closed my first ticket without even contacting me, I open a second one, but I have zero faith in them doing anything, so I will be looking to get my money back a leave.

I had this issue with sky before, congestion in my exchange, ironically, I moved to Vodafone to get it fixed a year ago now this started again.

I can pull up the sky thread where I kicked off and got C level attention.

O and I am a network engineer(CCNA) 10+ years in Unified Communications who did broadband support for several years, so I know the game.

View more options

In the exact same boat,  speeds fine in the morning and afternoon, once 6pm comes along you can forget it.  Barely get 10 meg,  obviously greedy vodafone are more interested n getting subscriptions that actually having the capacity at the exchnage to handle the load.

Don't bother trying to contact them either, all you get is a run around and no resolution.  I suggest raising a resolver complaint as soon as possible.  Ofcom should be getting involved as it seems vodafone are vastly overhyping what they can actually offer.

Joke of a company!

View more options

Please keep us updated with how this is going @raheel_k.

@Smir @brutos08 @WileE2017 So we can take a closer look into your speeds for you, we'll need to raise this with the dedicated team. I've sent you all a private message with details to contact our team directly and we'll then be able to investigate this further.

View more options

Also they seem to delete responses,  why have you deleted my previous response?

View more options

So I have been told its the fibre from the cab to the exchange LOL LOL

So I guess everyone having this issue is on my cab, vodafone really is this ridiculous.  

This is a congestion issue on your network as the issue is wide spread across different exchanges.

View more options

Not making any progress with the technitions keep getting promised a call from the back office but never happens.

During last contact I have been told that if i am getting slow speeds only during certain time sof the day (which i am) then it is a problem in my area.... not sure what this means or how i can get this resolved.

View more options

I'd suggest that people try running the ThinkBroadband Speed tester as that will also show you the results for a single thread download as well as multi-threaded.  This comes into play when you are saying using a VPN connection, or downloading a large single ZIP/ISO, or probablyt even when streaming a video.

At the moment, my "promised 35Mbps" service is managing to download an ISO from MSDN at ~130Kbps, so it is going to take about 6hrs for 2.8GB file.  Absolutely shocking, but a multithread connection is able to download much closer to real line speed.

Have a look at the col in green - the single thread - Avg TBB at an amazing 1.3Mbps
https://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/1513861894590754955

1513861894590754955-mini

Totally shambolic.

View more options

@raheel_k Sorry to hear you've not been contacted, we apologise for the delay. 

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch with us, so the team can look into this for you.

View more options

A scripted copy and paste approach to every customer who is having issues with their services. This is all they do mate.

"We are sorry...bla bla bla... Have you tried getting in touch with live chat bla bla ba.. Do you want to email broadband support,.... Do you want to click the link on your private message and fill in the details then a member of staff will get in touch with you from the relevant department.. No one gets in touch.. or when they do, they ask for further details and when they have all the info, they will just blank you. This is all I have had plus many more customers.. And.. now they have stopped replying to my post. 

Check my post.

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Broadband-Home-Phone/Whats-up-with-your-customer-service-vodafone-Is...

View more options

@alexGGG We're sorry that you're still not getting the speeds you expected. As you've advised us you're no longer corresponding with us via email, we have a limited reach in what we can assist you with via the forum, as we're unable to access account specific information with it being a public platform.

If you change your mind please contact us via email again. We're sorry that the last response you got wasn't a sufficient reply and we'll happily pass your query to the Broadband team via email for them to contact you.

In the mean time if you do contact us via any alternative methods, keep us updated on your thread.

View more options

@TJ

Do not respond to any of my posts. Your not sorry for nothing. I said what I had to say. I will not write further emails or respond to anything from vodafone. I have taken further action to cancel my contract. I will only correspond with people who are trying to genuinely help. I do not take crap from anyone. I will continue to write on this forum so people know what is what. I do not want any of the moderators/admin writing or commenting on my posts. I will only respond to higher tier techincal team who are willing to help me solve my broadband speed issue. This is not just me, many people have this speed issue on here and all your doing is copy paste scripted message telling people your sorry for this and that. Your not sorry for nothing.

I advise everyone to check my post and see how these guys have been responding to my queries.

View more options
2: Seeker

I too joined from Sky after i was 'guaranteed' 72MB i now barely get over 15MB.  I was following the instructions on the kind poster above and see i now get roughly 30MB still less than 50% less than i am supposed too

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/1514468263898032455

I am only 4 months into my contract and i already want to leave, i do not want any assistance from Vodafone staff, just any advice from other customers who are trying to leave too. The vodafone advice is laughable.

View more options

since my issues I've been in contact with a few Manager's and one has confirmed that..

"There is congestion on the links in the exchange where the internet traffic from your home router connects into the national Vodafone network"

which just goes to show its Vodafone, and must be happening to everyone in my town.

View more options

Guys I need help. My post got deleted. Check this out:

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/c74d50b5478f61f535f72330424b4fcb83...

I really do not know what to do...

View more options