main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Broadband & Home Phone

Really slow speeds, but full sync speed.

4: Newbie

raheel_k wrote:

Got the same issue sync speed at 75.5 after openreach engineer visit.

Checked my speed this morning and it was around 60Mbs

In the evening 10Mbs if im lucky !

Apparently issue has been escalated to L2 after initial line test & i should get a call in 72 hours

Seeing lots of CRC & FEC errors wonder if thats got somehting to do with it.....

Will update with results  - to add BT was fine 24/7 almost constant speeds

@raheel_k

I would also watch your SNR noise margian it apparently should be around 6db as the enginier i have just had said this can effect the speed if it changes a lot. there also seems to be a lot of people on here that seems to be having speed issues 

View more options

We're sorry to hear this @raheel_k

Let us know on the outcome of your call with our Tech team.

Thanks.

View more options
3: Seeker

checked out the noise margins

Evening when getting around 10mbs

Down 6.3

up 15.7

Morning when getting around 60Mbs

Down 6

Up 15.4

Still waiting for Level 2 to come back to me...

View more options

well not a single improvement at all, zero ##~## were given by Vodafone since the start.

View more options

so these are bad...?

I'll check again tomorrow when the speed is fine.. >.<

View more options

still no resolution, highly recommend not move to Vodafone if your current provider is perfectly fine.

Currently, have a resolver.co.uk case setup they haven't replied to at all. I'll be getting all my money back and moving else where.

View more options

I am having the exact same issue between 7pm to around 12pm basically internet is unusable. They try to give me the run around, closed my first ticket without even contacting me, I open a second one, but I have zero faith in them doing anything, so I will be looking to get my money back a leave.

I had this issue with sky before, congestion in my exchange, ironically, I moved to Vodafone to get it fixed a year ago now this started again.

I can pull up the sky thread where I kicked off and got C level attention.

O and I am a network engineer(CCNA) 10+ years in Unified Communications who did broadband support for several years, so I know the game.

View more options

In the exact same boat,  speeds fine in the morning and afternoon, once 6pm comes along you can forget it.  Barely get 10 meg,  obviously greedy vodafone are more interested n getting subscriptions that actually having the capacity at the exchnage to handle the load.

Don't bother trying to contact them either, all you get is a run around and no resolution.  I suggest raising a resolver complaint as soon as possible.  Ofcom should be getting involved as it seems vodafone are vastly overhyping what they can actually offer.

Joke of a company!

View more options

Please keep us updated with how this is going @raheel_k.

@Smir @brutos08 @WileE2017 So we can take a closer look into your speeds for you, we'll need to raise this with the dedicated team. I've sent you all a private message with details to contact our team directly and we'll then be able to investigate this further.

View more options

Also they seem to delete responses,  why have you deleted my previous response?

View more options