Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Replacement router request

Lilalilla
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

My activation day was 04/10 on 76mb fiber package. First day the router synced at 34mb, but I've got less speed day by day. Now, after 13 days the sync speed is 25mb with 30ms ping...

I checked the router stats and I've found a lot of FEC corrections (sometimes billions) and thousand of CRC errors in a 24 hours period. This must force DLM to throttle the download speed every day. 

In the first 12 days I didn't touch the router, but yesterday I've tried a 30 minutes restart and changed the microfilters as well. No improvement of course. 

Just to save some time for everybody I will answer the following questions:

Yes, the phone line is ok. I can hear a constant background noise, but it is too quiet, not distracting at all.

No, I don't have a test socket.

Yes the router is in the master socket without any extension.

Yes, as I said I've tried a different microfilter which also came with the Vodafone router.

So I switched from Talktalk 38mb package with 36mb download speed to Vodafone 76mb and now I'm getting 25mb. This is even less than the guaranteed minimum speed on my line, which is 33mb  :Hmm_Face:

Please, can I have a replacement router, just to make sure that the router is the issue?

Many thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Lilalilla When you're completing these speed tests, are you using a Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection? 

If you're using Wi-Fi, please complete another test and let us know your results. 

Wired/wireless I've tried everything, with the same results. Yesterday afternoon the sync speed of the router jumped up to 29mb ( I checked the router stats 192.168.1.1), but this morning after 14 hours uptime the counter already shows more than 3 billion FEC corrections on upstream and several houndred corrections and errors Lon downstream. I'm sure I will lose speed again by the end of the day...

Is it possible to send a replacement router, as I can't use my old router with this broadband?

Thanks

DaneB
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Lilalilla

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

For anyone else with the same issue, try the steps listed here and if you’re still affected, contact customer service.