Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Require IP to be whitelisted

Thumoo
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have been in contact with customer support and my hosting company for most of the day with regard to not being able to access my email or websites (personal. All other internet works perfectly), and between them both we have managed to narrow down the issue that an IP needs to be whitelisted. It is: 109.203.107.223

Would appreciate if this can be done.

Thank you.

EDIT: In the meantime, if anyone can suggest a way I can get hold of my emails I would be really grateful as I have emails I need to reply to as soon as possible.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)

@Thumoo I've been in touch with our Level 3 Tech team, who've advised that there's been a routing issue affecting consumer broadband users. Users have been unable to access sites or ping/trace to IP addresses in the 109.203.96.0/19 range. This is 109.203.96.0-109.203.127.255.

I've been told that this has now been resolved.  Please let us know if you're up and running.

View solution in original position

6 REPLIES 6

TJ

@Thumoo Thanks for getting in touch with us. So we can look into this further for you, I just wanted to get some extra information - Even though some of the questions may seem obvious, so we can troubleshoot this as best as we can 😊

Is this happening on your home broadband? Or is this an issue with your mobile data?

Do you have any screen shots that you could provide us with, of any error messages that you get when trying to access your emails and website?

Could you please provide us with the website address, so we can check that this is definitely not blocked by our servers.

Does this happen on all devices that are connected?

Thanks in advance 👍

Thank you for replying.

This issue occurs on both my home broadband and mobile network. (My websites, hosting and emails are accessible to me on other networks; other people are able to access said same).

When attempting to access the websites hosted by my provider, and my emails hosted by them, I am just confronted with a timeout error: ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

It does happen on all devices on my network (even had friends around and they cannot access the websites when connected here).

The IP I provided is the hosting company I am with. This covers my emails, hosting (websites) and cPanel. Unlocking my current websites only would cause an issue in the future if I create another website. This would also not aleviate the hosting or email issue. However for reference, my main website is http://www.thumoo.com.

The IP (109.203.107.223) is for the hosting company WHUK (Webhosting UK). I have attached a screenshot of traceroute run in windows which I was asked to do and may be of some assistance.

Regards,

TJ

@Thumoo Thanks for the quick reply.

I've contacted our Broadband team and they've advised for you to turn off all content controls, so we can see if this makes any difference. This will mean removing everything from your broadband using your My Vodafone. Choose Broadband service, then go to content controls to set up and manage your profile. If you have problems setting up your content controls, call us on 08080 034515 (free from mobiles and landlines) from Monday to Sunday 8am-9pm.

If this doesn't work, then you'll need to get in touch via phone or by contacting our Broadband Live Chat team. We'll need a ticket raised, so we can pass it to the core networks team to see if they can arrange for the whitelisting.

I do not have any content controls turned on.

I have been on the phone with yourselves and they informed me that they cannot open a ticket to whitelist the IP address that I have given and told me to go and ask in the forum as this is where this will be able to be done.

I need this done immediately. I have been without access to my facilities for 4 days now and I have important emails that are requiring a reply to. One which is to do with my own employment. I suggest that you communicate with your departments and get this sorted.

TJ

@Thumoo I've been in touch with our Level 3 Tech team, who've advised that there's been a routing issue affecting consumer broadband users. Users have been unable to access sites or ping/trace to IP addresses in the 109.203.96.0/19 range. This is 109.203.96.0-109.203.127.255.

I've been told that this has now been resolved.  Please let us know if you're up and running.

machare
13: Advanced Member

@Thumoo wrote:

the issue that an IP needs to be whitelisted. It is: 109.203.107.223

That IP gives:

Oops! An Error Occurred

Something is broken  Please e-mail us at [email] and let us know what you were doing when this error occurred. We will fix it as soon as possible. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Why not do as they suggest?