Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Returning broadband router

Dlgangel
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I have recently moved my broadband & landline to another provider due to horrendous customer service. I have now been informed via email that I have to return the router in original packaging. I no longer have the original packaging, I doubt may people would after nearly 3 years. How am I to return this? I most certainly do not want to face a £72 fine for a piece  of equipment worth £5. 

6 REPLIES 6

Sgt_Bilko
4: Newbie

They seriously want the router and original box back after 3 years? I've never heard that from any other ISP, let alone the possibility of being charged after that amount of time. This sounds like somebody has gone overboard in that particular department. 

Wow, yeah.. I can understand they could ask for equipment to be returned when cancelling within initial contract period but after 3 years that's madness... and I agree not many people would still have original packing. What are they going to do with it anyway, give to to new customer? No way. :Horror_Face:

Beggars belief doesn’t it?! But it’s a true story  😱 335C6761-2D23-41E9-9C2A-168B16329758.jpeg

Just an idea if they insist for router to be returned complete with origianl packiging:

Maybe you can find one on ebay for few quid.. it certainly wont be £72 .. if ther are any going about..

Bit of hassle but might save you a bit..

I still reckon that its probably mistake as they most likely dont train staff at all and someone just got it wrong..

Curious if you would get any clarifiacation here from admins/mods  (not just link to social media team)

:Fingers_Crossed: 

I was intrigued by this post.  If you actually bo look on Ebay, some 60 vodafone routers have been sold in the last 6 weeks, plus there aree loads for sale.

Clearly people aren't leaving for price reasons.  It just confirms that since Vodafone are on the BT Openreach local loop, the issue is either very poor quality routers which leads to my second assertion that their customer services are either badly trained, or are swamped with fire-fighting issues.  Not sure which, probably a combination.

Would love to be a fly on the wall, in Newbury,  management know what they are doing, I just get the impression they don't have the competance to deal with the volume of issues.

Just post it back in any box addressed to Nick Jeffery, their CEO

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Dlgangel As we'll need access to your account to help you further, please contact us by following the instructions in this private message.