Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Ridiculous Packet Loss

DJRenegade
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, I dont know why my post was deleted but here is is.
So I am currently within the 10 day "settling in" period, however I am getting a worrying amount of packet loss that hasnt improved since day 1. I have 2 days to go until the 10 days is up but I am not going to lie, its not looking great.
I was assured that there is no throttling or traffic management however my speeds drop from 20-30mbps (Promised 48mbps) to less than 2mbps (usually below 1mbps) during peak times. My packet loss usually seems to stay between 10-20% during these times. I also tested Jitter and during peak times its an absolutely stupid 200+ms.

So I guess that means Vodafone actually do throttle my connection?
Also I keep getting told that it can take upto 30 days to "settle in", so basically your fallback for bad internet is -"Give it until your cooling off period has run out and then its tough you are stuck with us anyway"????
I just moved from Virgin media after they conned me into a new contract and somehow "lost" the phonecall that would have proven it. I will not get stuck with another terrible provider who lies and tricks their way into a new customer.
I use NowTV for my television (Steaming everything) and I am an avid online gamer so my internet needs to be as smooth as can be, throttling and traffic management is a big no no for me. So I need a definitive answer, will my internet be throttled during peak times? And will I still get my promised speeds during throttling?

I began a BQM yesterday and shall be watching it closely over the next 2 days, you can see the dropped packets in red along the top of the graph. (see below)
If I get any whiff of BS I think I will just jump ship. 

My Broadband Ping - Vodafone

25 REPLIES 25

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@RobB82 @DJRenegade So we're able to look into your individual queries further, I've sent you both a private message with details on how to get in touch. 

I have the same issue... im sycing full 80/20 but speeed tests of 16 down and 18 up?... ##~##. wish I stuck with sky, never had an issue for 5 years.

DaneB
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Smir

I've responded to your previous posts on how to get in touch with us, as we'd like to take a look into your speeds.

Hi,

Did anyone manage to resolve this issue? I having the same experience since switching to Vodafone and am worried by the customer service I received last night.

I have noticed that speedtest.net is full speed, but literally every other test site I try gives between 2-12Mbps. It's difficult to be told I have 40Mbps when netflix won't even play!

I am booked in with second line support, but so far I am very dissapointed.

No, no they didn't, it improved for about a month and went back to being absolutely rubbish. In fact I recieved a very rude voicemail from some obnoxious woman telling me there was nothing wrong and that I didnt understand the issue I had reported.

My packet loss is as bad as it was before I get anywhere from 2% to 10% during the hours of 8am and 2am, the 6 hours in between I get virtually no packet loss but as I am sleeping that is useless to me.

My advice is to cancel if you still can and go elsewhere.

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

@Maeik Sorry to hear you're not getting the speeds you're expecting. Keep us updated and let us know how you get on with second line support.

I've also sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch, so we can get our Broadband team to investigate this for you.