main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Broadband & Home Phone

Router Return

2: Seeker

Hi Team

Whilst always having been a big supporter of Vodafone  - I am gradually losing the patience to even understand how the customer services aspect is run.  I have had 3 x chats, called twice, left one message on the forum to which I was asked to private message, responded to Blair with that and then sent another message and updated a link (sent by the team) with my personal details.  I am still getting messages  saying that I will be charged 72GBP if I do not return the router.  I have been twice into Vodafone stores, 1 x Poole and 1 x London (CW) and on each occasion been told they cannot take this off me.  it is costing me more than the 72GBP you are demanding to return the thing but without the bag, or even an address (which both stores could not provide) and how I cannot put it in their tote boxes is astonishing.  This is a rant  -(and believe me) I do not rant usually.  I now have apparently 10 days to return something to a  location I dont know in a bag I dont have.  the follow up has been super bad.   All I am asking for is a little help with this matter.  p.s please dont send the "private message stuff" tried that and failed when responded no action / response back just a further email demanding money for somehting I dont want but am probably going to have to pay out for.  - next two actions - contact  CEO in person and second contact the Ombundsman (as alot of people have already done on this forum) any help be appreciated - I dont want this, you probably wont do anything with it aside from blackmail me out of money.  thanks all - have an amazing day and look forward to any response at all.

View more options
4 REPLIES
17: Community Champion

Unfortunately it's part of the Terms that a Vodafone Highstreet Store cannot take a router back in the store. 

It would be so much easier if they did !

I did see a recent post from one of the Vodafone Social Media Team here that it was taking longer than usual for Returns Bags to be sent out. 

I would assume that the return has been date and time stamped in your notes so Vodafone shouldnt charge. 

I think its probably Vodafone Systems automatically kicking in. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Hybrid-Duos.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options
2: Seeker

thanks for the email and would usually agree - but the automated emails say that money will be taken - even though they do not help with that - so hope they dont take the money and when get around to it send the 5pence bag. 

thanks though. 

View more options
17: Community Champion

You're welcome @Wootsm

Your not the first sadly to be warned they'll be charged for a router that they have taken reasonable steps to return and as Vodafone only allow one route to return i.e the returns bag which for some reason they have difficulty in sending then applying the charge would be ludicrous. 

It would be so much easier to either write the router off which some other ISP do or allow a Highstreet Store return if they want it back so badly !

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Hybrid-Duos.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options

@Wootsm - Do you have the reference number you were given when you filled out the form? We can chase this up for you.

View more options