Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Signing up for fibre

Mavis47
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I’m having stupid amount of problems signing up for fibre broadband. Because it won’t let me put my address in manually, it doesn’t match my banking details. My address comes up wrongly on the website. Tried ringing and annoying assistant kept telling me my address was right, instead of listening to me that it wasn’t. Went all through the sign up with him to be told that my addresses don’t match. There must be someone that can override the system. He suggested going to a shop and signing up but I am a pensioner with mobility problems which is why I tried doing it online in the first place. Has anyone any suggestions please? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)

@Mavis47 I'm sorry to hear that you've had to sign up elsewhere, but appreciate why you've done this.

I've flagged this to our Broadband department for further investigation. Once I hear something, I'll be sure to update this thread 👍

View solution in original position

13 REPLIES 13

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Mavis47 I'm sorry to hear you're having a problem joining us 😞 So we can make sure we provide a service to your local area, check add your postcode in our Coverage Checker.

If we're able to provide you with service and you don't want to visit your local store, you can place your order by calling us free on 08080 034511, or by contacting our Broadband Live Chat team

Be sure to let us know how you get on 👍

Thank you but I have already tried both these you mention and got nowhere. My address was a new build when I moved in and is a bit unusual. However, as I mentioned, on your system, my address does not show correctly. Unless it can be entered manually, it will not accept my order. Any more suggestions? 

TJ

@Mavis47 That's really unfortunate to hear and I completely understand why you're frustrated. Other than the methods already mentioned by @Mark and the adviser that you spoke to on the Broadband team, there's no other options for signing up. Openreach would need your address for us to get you connected, they usually get this from the Post Office, so its strange that it's not matching up; but this might be why we aren't able to input it manually 🤔

Your best bet, which I know isn't what you'd like to do preferably, is to give us a call again and see if we can double check your address, or if we can over ride it in any way.

Please keep us updated and let us know how you get on, we'd love to have you on board!

Thank you TJ. I am still no nearer signing up for this. Does anyone know if I DO go into a Vodafone shop (as advised by the operator that couldn’t help) would they use the same system or be able to overide? As I said earlier, it’s not easy for me to get out but I would try if it meant I could sign up. Surely I can’t be the only one that this has happened to? Or can anyone advise anything else I can try? Or someone from Vodafone to say “yes” this can be overridden. Please help me Vodafone???

mbames
13: Advanced Member

I'd escape before you regret signing up to vf.  Try another provider, remember that cheap often means rubbbish (and in the case of vf broadband, that is certainly the case).

Thank you mbames for your reply. I do know what you mean having been with them before for a mobile. Having searched high and low, they seem my best option for the price. Sky also do a good price but with limited download and if you go over this, the price is hiked way up. Having 2 grandkids stay quite often I don’t think I can risk it. If you have any suggestions I’ll gladly have a look but living in a small village my options are cut to a few suppliers. 

TJ

@Mavis47 Our Broadband team have put me in contact with our New Connections team, to see if they can shed any light on this. It's a very peculiar query and I apologise for the delay in getting you an answer.

I'll pop back to you as soon as I know more.

Thank you TJ for trying to help me. Unfortunately, I have had to sign up elsewhere as it is getting closer to the end of my current contract. Can I please request that you carry on looking into this problem. I can’t be the only one in the country this has happened to. Also I am not tied into a contract with my new supplier and may want to try Vodafone again. Thank you. 

TJ

@Mavis47 I'm sorry to hear that you've had to sign up elsewhere, but appreciate why you've done this.

I've flagged this to our Broadband department for further investigation. Once I hear something, I'll be sure to update this thread 👍