Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Slow connection

Gareth712
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hiya,

Just swapped to Vodafone, on the Unlimited Fibre 38 pack, all started great with a download of 38.76Mb/s but after the first couple of days speed down to about 3Mb/s

Not to happy about this!! doesn't seem to matter what time of day, I've tested at 4:15 in the morning still just as slow.

I have tried swapping cables, filters, ethernet, wirless, PC, Laptop, Windows and Linux, all just as slow!

Any idea what to try next, or should I just cancel, don't want to get stuck with this for 18 months!!

Cheers

Gareth

8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Going from Vodafones Support Page it can occasionally take up to 30 days for the connection to fully settle @Gareth712

Regarding wireless connection id suggest to try changing router channel and splitting the frequencies in the router to 2.4ghz and 5ghz and then try choosing the best for you. 

Some have found using their own router a better solution than the Vodafone Connect Router. 

You do have a Network Satisfaction Guarantee period of 30 days to decide to stay or leave. 

Apprecaite thats very close to the settling in period. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi mate,

Thanks for the reply, can you explain the what you mean by 30 days for the connection to fully settle?

The line does in fact seem to have settled, at a slow speed!!

Both of these are about 7:30 this morning, wired ethernet.

I've ran another couple of tests this morning, Speedtest_1_19218.pngSpeedtest_2_19218.png

If I log onto the router it shows the speed as 3.4 Mbit/s, surely this should be a bit higher!

Vodafone_router.png

At least the upload speed is good!! 😉

What's the best thing to try next? should I be phoning a tech support line?

Regards

Gareth

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)

@Gareth712 Sorry for any inconvenience this is causing. 

In regards to your question, it's normal to have variations in speed and intermittent connection when your new broadband is up and running. It doesn't mean there's anything wrong, this just happens because we run tests to make sure you get the best possible speeds and connection in the long term.

This process usually takes up to 10 days, but in the worst case, as advised by @BandOfBrothers it can take up to 30. Please leave your router turned on all the time, so we can keep working on the line and give you the best possible service. If you reset the router at all, the settling in process will start again. 

If you're still experiencing problems after the first 10 days, get in touch with our Broadband Live Chat team and they'll be happy to run diagnostics on your line.

Don't forget, although we'd be sad to see you go, you're also covered under our 30 day Network Satisfaction Guarantee if you did want to leave.

Hi TJ,

Thanks for the reply, I've be in touch with Vodafone and they have run some tests on the line, it seems like I have a line fault and they have arranged to get an engineer out to try and sort it.

I'll update, hopefully with some good news!!

Regards

Gareth

Oh well, waited all day for the engineer to turn up and... nothing 😞

Fantasic service from Vodafone!

Looks like I'll be wasting more time on the phone tomorrow then.

So much for a guaranteed minimum speed of 35Mb/s!!!!!

Speedtest_5_20218_2017.png

TJ

@Gareth712 I'm sorry to hear that we've found a fault on your line. Did the Broadband team confirm when your engineer visit was scheduled for? Did you manage to get in contact with them again today?

We'll be happy to forward your query along to our Broadband Complaints team. So we can do this, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

Hi TJ,

Yes they told me that the engineer would be with me yesterday between 8 and 1.

Not to worry, I've signed up with another supplier, I've wasted enough time with this.

Regards

Gareth

TJ

@Gareth712 It's disappointing to hear you've cancelled Gareth and we weren't able to get this resolved for you. 

If you do have any further questions at all, about ending your contract or moving provider we'll be happy to help in any way we can.