Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Slow fibre and no 1571

R1KSU
4: Newbie

I have called cs several times to set 1571 up as it wont do it online, each time its not worked, last time I called on Saturday I mentioned that I had read on community that they had to do it via the BT side, They said they would.....not yet ?

My Superfast 76mb fibe is slow at 40-52mbs, I have previously had Infinity II and had a constant 68, and upto 73.

I was told tech support were on it and had left me a voicemail asking for a safe mode with networking speed test with a screen shot, I sent this to convergedtech2 at vodaphone.com 4 days ago and had no replyspeedtest.pngspeedtest1.png Can anyone give them a nudge for me and set up 1571 as they can leave a message on my home phone.

30 REPLIES 30

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@R1KSU - I’m sorry to hear of the delay. We can contact our Broadband team for you and ask them to call you.

So that we can take your contact details from you, please send us your details by following the instructions in this private message.

Gemma I have filled in several of those forms, (Last one 3-4 days ago) no one EVER gets in touch, its been 6 days since I emailed convergedtech2 with my screenshots and speed tests, and not even a confirmation email, let alone a call.

I called CS Tuesday and they promised Tech2 would call me yesterday afternoon, nothing.

A complaint was raised last week, nothing again no calls F""k all, Im getting very, very peed off.

All my speed tests indicate im still on the cap of 52mbs set from BT as non ever go over 52.7mbs, though several go way under.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

@R1KSU

So we can check we've got your email, please let us know the reference (looks like [#11234567]) from the auto response you received.

We'll be happy to chase this up for you.

The others I have deleted, I filled the forms in and had no response.

This one ?

EFT195 [#17135173]

I also got a reply from Gemma this time, have sent her a reply yesterday, wait and see what happens. Made several phone calls , last one was Thursday where I got quite annoyed as my email to tech2 about 7 days ago had no response, they asked me to send it again while they watched, they found it, and said as the screen shots were out of date I would need to send 4 more from the same day, my next day off is wednesday, so am going to have to spend the whole day at home doing 4 screenshots, the first one wasnt out of date the day I sent it ??? If they had read it.

I thnk im still on a BT download cap of 52mbs, but having problems streaming and the quality of Fibre isnt as good as BT. 

1571 is important as my elderly mother leaves messages when im at work.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@R1KSU I can confirm we've received your most recent email and a member of the team will be in touch to assist as soon as possible. 

I can understand your concern, rest assured we'll do everything we can to help you. 

I have sent 4 screenshots to tech2, the fastest is 52.5mbs , They got the email and promised to phone me back the same day, yesterday. The Vodafone BB page promises 52.7mbs but apparently thats access line speed ( at the router) as my router synchs at 56.1mbs Tech2 wont look into it and closed the ticket without calling me as promised.

As the ticket has been closed, they refuse to accept I can cancel my internet without charge within 28 days as their T&C's state.

"If we’re not able to resolve your speed issue within 28 days, you have the right to cancel your contract without penalty. Should such an unfortunate situation occur, simply call the team and they’ll talk you through your options."

Every other ISP I have been with has sent openreach engineers out , all it needs is the Dslam re setting and I should get the 68-73mbsmbs that I know my line will take.

Not happy!!!!!!!

I have the same issue. Rarely get more than 40MB on a 76MB contract...but still so much quicker than BT so not all that bothered. But 1571 is really irritating. I've been backwards and forwards on this for over a month now. Trying myself on the phone. Contacting Vodafone support. No joy. What is going on with 1571?

I got 1571 sorted eventually.

My fibre is 56mbps at the router ,so higher than the 52.7mbps they guarantee, odd how on my pc i NEVER go over 52.6mbs and streaming keeps freezing. Annoying that BT has now upgraded their infinity 1 customers to Infinity 2 for free 😖😖 good luck with 1571. 

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@R1KSU - To help keep everything together, I've replied to your other post.

@senorac - It’s not good to hear that this is still ongoing. Please reply back to the last email we sent on 22 October.