Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Slow fibre and no 1571

R1KSU
4: Newbie

I have called cs several times to set 1571 up as it wont do it online, each time its not worked, last time I called on Saturday I mentioned that I had read on community that they had to do it via the BT side, They said they would.....not yet ?

My Superfast 76mb fibe is slow at 40-52mbs, I have previously had Infinity II and had a constant 68, and upto 73.

I was told tech support were on it and had left me a voicemail asking for a safe mode with networking speed test with a screen shot, I sent this to convergedtech2 at vodaphone.com 4 days ago and had no replyspeedtest.pngspeedtest1.png Can anyone give them a nudge for me and set up 1571 as they can leave a message on my home phone.

30 REPLIES 30

Am glad to find out I'm not the only one with these problems. I've tried to setup 1571 numerous times on mine and my Mothers Vodafone Fibre connections but no joy. Everytime you switch the setting to on and then refresh the page it goes back to off! I had an online chat with two Vodafone staff who promised they would sort it within 24 hours (no joy!!!). My Fibre 38 is 38Mbps if plugged into the router using the ethernet but SLOOOOOOW when using WiFi especially during peak times. I've tried splitting the 5 and 2.4 signals and manually trying all of the channels but no joy. I've done the same on my Mothers and hers is even worse (slower than standard 17Mbps broadband). As it works fine on Ethernet (using a cable) it makes me think that the router Vodafone supply is not the best for WiFi (maybe interference from the power supply as my router is not positioned near any other sources of interference). I'm not sure why they don't give out your username and password settings so that you can try another brand of Router. 

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)

@markrich5000 Sorry to hear about the problems you've been having with your Wi-Fi speeds.

These speeds can be affected by even the smallest things such as, the position of the router, or if there's a mirror in the room. If you've tried splitting your Wi-Fi channels, you can also find a few more useful hints and tips on improving your speeds here.

You mentioned using your own router - if you'd like to do this, simply contact our Broadband Live Chat team and they'll provide you with your username and password, along with a list of approved routers you can use 😊

Thanks for this. Will look into it. Please can you help me get 1571 setup? If I call 1571 on my home phone it just says that it’s not setup and you should contact your provider. It then goes on to say that BT charge for this and press 1 to order?

TJ

@markrich5000 Not a problem, let us know how you get on 👍

In regards to your 1571, when was the last time you contacted the Live Chat team to get this added on?

We’ll usually have the service ready for you in three days. Then, when you’ve got a message, you’ll hear an intermittent dial tone when you next go to make a call. 

I last spoke to them using online chat last Friday. I've been out all day today but have found they've added the No Caller ID which I asked for but still no luck with the 1571. 

Thanks

Mark

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

@markrich5000 Our Support team will be able to help with your voicemail service. You can call them on 08080 034 515 or our Live Chat team are available online 24/7 and will also be able to help set this up.

I spoke to the support team last Friday and they assured me that it would be sorted within 24 hours but just tried it and it still doesn't work. The hidden caller ID is working but not the 1571 voicemail service. I tried calling the phone in question from my mobile and it just rings non stop.

@markrich5000 - I’m sorry to hear the 1571 voicemail isn’t working for you still. We can escalate this to our Broadband team. Please send us your details by following the instructions in this private message.

I just checked and 1571 is still not available (nearly 2 weeks now) on mine or my Mothers phone lines when we were promised it would be sorted within 24 hours. I filled in the escalation details and someone replied and said it was the wrong deptartment but would forward it to the correct one but that was the last I heard.

DaneB
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Was this via the email link that @Gemma sent you in your private message @markrich5000?