main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Broadband & Home Phone

Speed drops every day from 5pm to 11:30pm

Highlighted
2: Seeker

Hello , so im signed my contract at 8jun , next 10 days speed shut be OK . Today 18jun the speed still drops

On my contract guarantee speed is 55mb , but every day i got only aroud 10mbs ! Can u explain what i need to do ?

7400876290.png

Only 1 device active , through ethrnet cable .

7400900767.png

View more options
12 REPLIES
10: Established

@decessed wrote:

On my contract guarantee speed is 55mb , but every day i got only aroud 10mbs ! Can u explain what i need to do ?

Contact support, but likely you will need to quit in the first 30 days because the backhaul is inadequate.

View more options

Hi @decessed that doesn't look right.

Is that a Wi-Fi speed test or through an ethernet cable?

Please let us know and we'll be more than happy to have a look at the connection for you.

Joe

View more options

@Joe 1 device , with ethernet cable .

Account number: Removed

MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove personal information please see Community Guidelines

View more options

There's nothing worse than slow speeds @decessed - I understand your frustration. So we can take a closer look into this with you, please see the private message I've sent to you on how to contact our team directly.

View more options

ohh , so they found some errors in cables , which will be replaced up to 4 weeks .

If i have contract for 18 month Superfast 76mb quarantee 55mb , and u cant provide quarantee speed , when i can cancel my contract ?

what about - Guaranteed Superfast speed or money off until it's fixed ?

Why i need to pay for service u not provide quaranteed speed ?

7406420088.png

View more options

If you contact us as advised in @DaneB's private message @decessed, one of our dedicated Broadband team will be able to look into this for you.

View more options
7: Helper

Leave Vodafone, they were useless for me too, as was they empty support promises.

Since being on BT now, no issues in 3 months! 50mbit+ always.

View more options
4: Newbie

My speed issue started like this in January (was getting 1.3Mbps on a 35Mbps plan 6pm-1am). After MONTHS of calling Vodafone said it was a Cablelink (backhaul) issue caused by over-utilisation in my area.

The link could only carry up to x amount of people and mine had x and 1/2 on it.

After several tickets were cancelled by 2nd & 3rd line teams without speaking to me someone did the business and decided the capacity need to be increased. That was April and we're nearly in July.

I've had all my broadband costs refunded and a mega ton of data added to my mobile plan so I can at least get online at home.

I've been told the new link is in and being tested but was also told by an offshore advisor it would be another 2 months. It's a shame they don't all get the time they need to properly deal with customers instead of this log it and flog it attitude which leads to us customers being lied to and disappointed.

View more options

I'm disappointed to hear no one's taken ownership of your query and kept you updated on our progress to resolve this @BobbyBrownPants. So one of our dedicated Broadband team can help you further, please get intouch by following the instructions in this private message.

View more options

They will scam out their way out of guranteed speed by saying that sync speed on a router (profile) is > your minimum guaranteed speed.

They just overselling and letting their clients to rot with slow speeds during peak times (at certain areas).

Do not believe in one word coming from their mouth. 

View more options
3: Seeker

Mike, You will get no joy from these idiots. Took me over a week to get a service up and running - that was finally done on 17th May. Since then, I've had constant dropouts and speeds of between 7mb and 23mb - I was getting consitent speeds of 76mb with EE. If you're within 30 days cancel. If you're over 30 days, cancel and get your early repayment charges paid by someone else. I've made a total of 3 official complaints - 1 about the poor speed. After the first one they told me someone from tech team would contact me within 72 hours, The other 2 complaints were because I've had no effing contact. STILL waiting since 6th JUNE - I cant't wait any longer for the ombudsman - I've just signed up with BT. http://home.bt.com/-nbsp/switching-to-bt-broadband-has-never-been-easier-11363926763644 Absolute bunch of useless muppets (trying not to swear).

View more options

So left vodafone 2 days ago . Now with plusnet in peak times speed now 50mbps still need to wait 10 days till get my 57 quarantee . Bye bye vodafone .

7457643277.png

View more options