main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Broadband & Home Phone

Static IP - New thread

3: Seeker

Good to know it's not just me - Crazy that they make it this difficult though!

View more options

@sycar2005 We'll be more than happy to help 🙂

I'm sorry that you've had such a hard time getting your Static IP set up and apologise for the delay.

So our Broadband team can access your account and get this resolved for you, I've popped you a private message over with details on how to get in touch.

View more options

Thanks @TJ - Information submitted with reference #18375209

View more options

Thanks for getting back to us with your reference number @sycar2005.

I can see we've received your latest email response - a member of our team will be in touch to help further as soon as possible

View more options

Hi Natasha,

Thanks for your reply. So my request is coming up on 4 weeks now (I originally submitted the request over the phone on Monday 12th March when my contract started) - Is there the option of escalating this further as a formal complaint or a possibility of an estimated date of completion? Before signing up to Vodafone I confirmed with a sales colleague that a static IP was available and the T&Cs online do clearly state that it's a free of charge add-on for the account - Surely it shouldn't take over a month?

Many Thanks,
Simon
View more options

Hey @sycar2005, Did our team get back to you and have you now recieved your static IP address?

View more options
4: Newbie

So basically one of reasons I decided to leave vodafone (within my 30 days) was static IP.. of lack of it, even when requested at point of first order.  Just to put things into perspective: 

My new ISP took over today.. I logged into online account, clicked static IP and been asked to reboot router. 

That's it - sorted, just like that..

It only took me 3 weeks of phone calls, emails and forum complains with Vodafone.. with no resolution..

On my last day yesterday IP address was still on dynamic...

You need some serious changes Vodafone!

View more options

So it took 30 days to the day and a lot of chasing, but credit to the social media team, they managed to get a static IP applied to my account in the end! It's a shame it took as long as it did, but I appreciate the help!

View more options

How do I claim my Static IP?

Please don't fob me off with a default message.

View more options

Thats not default message but it wont really help you.. sorry O_o

From my experience you need to leave and then you would get static IP from Vodafone,,

I'm not kidding , just got email and text this morning from Vodafone:  (Please note I'm with new ISP since 12th Apr..)

Hello

Order reference: SBL-10000002xxxxxxxxx

Good news - your order for a static IP address is now complete.

Please note, your static IP address details are:

If you have any questions, please call us free on 08080 034 515 from a landline or mobile, or 191 from your Vodafone mobile.

Thank you

The Customer Care Team

Technically static IP details are missing but yay at least I got email..  lol

View more options

Funny you say that.  I had 2 fibre broadbands with Vodafone.  I've just cancelled one under the 30 day rule as the customer service was so shockingly poor, and moved to Zen, who are excellent.

I'm looking a static IP for my one remaining line.

My God I cannot wait to see the back of Vodafone once and for all.  In my 20 years in telecoms, I have honestly  NEVER EVER dealt with such an omnishambles of a company.

View more options

We'll be more than happy to help get a Static IP address set up for you @KHNI

In order for us to do this we'll need to access your account; so I've poppped you a private message over with details on how to get in touch. 

View more options

I spoke to someone and they set it up for me. 

About an hour later I got an email saying it would show on my next bill.

[Removed]

View more options
2: Seeker

Just signed up for the fibre broadband service. Can a Vodafone team member please let me know the process to request a static IP.

Thanks. 

View more options

So we can help with your query @Sh500, please send us your details by following the instructions in this private message.

View more options

I called up customer services and was told Vodafone used to provide static IP addresses, but have stopped in the 'last few months'. The CS rep could not provide a specific reason though.

View more options

I'm sorry @Sh500, it seems like the adviser may have been a little confused. This was something we stopped for a while, but we do offer static IP addresses.

So we can take a look into this for you, please contact us via the link in the private message I sent you on 18 april and we'll be happy to help.

View more options

Hi Vodafone!

Please can you assign a static IP address to my broadband account.

Many thanks

OJ

View more options

Ordered Home Broadband 76 today and i have been told over phone that Vodafone do offer a Static IP free of charge (unlike SKY which tried to rip me of at the end of contract, implying that free feature is not free anymore). At beginning woman did not had a clue what am I talking about. After short explanation how it works, she did put me on hold and returned to me 2min later saying that all i need to do is to change setup in router. But seeing this thread just gave me goosebumps. I run NAS at home static IP is essential for me. Price for a plan at Vodafone is great. let's see will I have troubles with IP too

View more options

So we can help with this @Ojones137, please contact us by following the instructions in this private message.

I can see we've replied to your other post @FunkyZorro. To avoid any confusion, please continue to discuss this through that post.

View more options