Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Static IP's - missing thread

Soofla
10: Established

Hi everyone. I was subscribed to a thread on Static IP addresses. I had indication that somebody had posted a reply to it, however the thread no longer appears here - maybe deleted?

Anyway, does anyone know if the update to the thread was to indicate that Static IP addresses could be requested again? Or if these are still currently unavailable?

Ta

6 REPLIES 6

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Soofla That's strange! :smileyfrustrated:

There's unfortunately been no update on this yet - Static IP addresses are still currently unavailable. 

Is it Static IP's are just temporarily unavailable or permanently no longer offered?

I have just transferred to VF from Sky BB as I was told that line speeds would be as good, and that I could have a Static IP on the Fibre76 package.

I've joined and the speed is 10mb slower than I had before, and on speaking to the VFBB support line they can't do Static IPs anymore - even asked the guy to check with his manager.

Can someone at VF confirm if this is a temporary situation or permanent for the static IPs?

thanks

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@ben10001 As far as we're aware, these are temporarily unavailable. 

Unfortunately we don't have a timescale on when these will become available again. 

I do apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Soofla
This is a very odd one. Configuring static IP's is not difficult - it truly is not. You take your range of addresses you are going to issue as static and you reserve them, usually via a MAC address. The fact it has worked in the past, that business customers can get them means the system does work. It is possible that allowing people to use their own equipment has thrown a spanner in the works with MAC Addresses. It is also, and I cannot help feeling more likely, they have just decided to stop offering static IP addresses to their home customers and this feature is going to be "indefinitely" not available.

Soofla

Is there still no update on this?

It has been over a month before my last post on this thread and longer than that since the question was asked.

Maybe someone could confirm one of the following:

A. We can now request a static IP address again

B. We still cannot make this request, however the option will be returning

C. We are no longer offering a static IP address option for free

I'm asking for the honest answer here because if the answer is C then I can stop monitoring this thread and stp asking elsewhere and know I need to look into other options.

Thanks.

MrWhite

Hi @Soofla - to be honest, you're probably better phoning in to ask.  Unless any of the posters here have inside knowledge, it's unlikely any of the mods will have that information.