Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Static IP

maughanorama
4: Newbie

OK i know theres othe rposts on this but they are marked as solved or ancient.

i have tried to obtain a static wan ip address from vodafone broadband team. they basically tell me this is not possible. even though the webchat said it is and would also be free? !

can anyone help from vodafone ? i did ask in a solved thread but its probably been missed as its marked solved .

also im not sure why they would refuse this as it was in ,my original agreement when i took the provider and its not technically impossible.

thanks

14 REPLIES 14

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@maughanorama We'd be happy to have a look into your account and see if a Static IP is available. There's been no new information recently that'd make me think it wouldn't be 🙂

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch. 

Ok I filled out the form but have heard nothing yet. Is there a way I can find the progress of assigong a static IP. ? 

i know its not a case of a few mouse clicks but its not much more

Also I tried to ask the mods via PM but I get a response of we basically don't look at pms

Anonymous
Not applicable

A static IP is still listed in Vodafone's current price guide (screenshot below) which forms part of your contract with them so there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to get one.

It's much more likely that the customers service staff you're speaking to have just never heard of this option. I imagine it's a relatively unusual request amongst the customers as a whole so they're probably just not used to doing it.

I suspect you'll have more luck dealing with the forum team.

static.png

I have dealt with the forun team they sent me a link to a form that I filled on with no response as of yet.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm interested in getting a static IP too. Could you send me the link?

Its a web form with aa unique ref number the admins will prob send you one

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@maughanorama When you submitted the form, did you receive an automated email with a reference number? This looks like [#12233445] and if you let us know this number, we'll chase it up for you 🙂

@Alex wrote:

@maughanorama When you submitted the form, did you receive an automated email with a reference number? This looks like [#12233445] and if you let us know this number, we'll chase it up for you 🙂

I need a static ip address as I have a CCTV system I often login to when I'm out. 

I have phoned support and they say I'm not able to have one but on Web chat they say I can and have to phone. Going round in circles here. 

MarkF
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Paulrw, you can get Static IP on your broadband. We need to add it to your account for you.

If you'd like us to do this for you, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.