Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Terminating Contract

Paul_P1
4: Newbie

Has anyone successfully managed to terminate their 18 month contract early due to the speed guarantee?  It's patently obvious that there is some sort of contention/traffic shaping issue going on at peak times with speeds dropping to 5MB at peak times for weeks now.  Surely this is grounds for termination...

4 REPLIES 4

Mutt13y

Not at the moment, have complained to ofcom.  My issue has been ongoing since November and i'm sick and tired of spending countless hours on the phone and on live chat to them...They Lie and lie to you, and make you adhere to the contract even though they are not upholding there end of it...

So, despite making it plainly clear to the tech 1 guy that I wasn't using WiFi and was using an ethernet connection I get this text from tech 2 today with no other communication..

Hello Paul

With regards to your recent issue, after further investigation we have found this issue to be related to WiFi/home setup and not with the broadband connection to your home. As this is the case we will be closing the fault. We would recommend contacting our Customer Care team on 191 or 08080034515 for further WiFi diagnostics. We are available from 8am to 11pm every day.

Kind Regards,
Tech2,
Vodafone.

Great service vodafone, brilliant.  

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

It's really disappointing to hear you're having problems with your broadband speeds @Paul_P1 and I understand how frustrating this can be. 

We'll be more than happy to investigate further for you and help to get everything resolved. So we can do this, 

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

Paul_P1

I'm experiencing the exact same issue.  This is on a small exchange serving 3 villages and less than 1000 houses, so I can't see it being contention with their kit at the exhange.  It's super frustrating when you explain to them that you have disabled wifi and connected your laptop via ethernet, only for them to ask you to see if changing the wifi channel helps........tumbleweed!  I've been escalated to 2nd line, are they UK based?