Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

The service gets worse

daveNOS
4: Newbie

I am very close to the end of my tether with Vodafone's fibre service, not only do i have the slow peak time speeds where i can loose upto 95% of my throughput speed i recently developed a 3 day reboot cycle and daily PPP session drops, this has now escalated to at least 3 full reboots in the last 24 hours, what the heck is going on? im now using the test socket and my phone line is crystal clear with no noise(my noise margins are aslo good 6.3db down and 6db up).

In over 2 years with plusnet i never had as many drops as i've had with Vodafone in just 3 and abit months the service is pathetic.

I guess im going to have to speak to the so called tech support again and put up with the usual buck passing and lack of knowledge....

16 REPLIES 16

@DaneB Since my last post here i've had 4 more PPP session drops and a monent ago a full reboot,the support via phone are only insisting on sending out another router they won't entertain sending out Openreach to look at the line even though they said that they have ruled out the equipment being at fault(so why insist on replacing the router?).

Where do i go from here to get the service im paying for? Will i be allowed to leave penalty free due to the constant and escallating issues im suffering that are clearly not ging to be fixed?

I'm starting to think that the 'experts' and 'moderators' on here are just bots.

All they do is try and shut you down.

I've contacted live chat again this evening so I have a copy of what was said,I have been told that the Tech 2 team will fix my issue within 48 hours, this is obviously not going to happen as I require Openreach to look at my line and as good as the Openreach team are where I live they require more than 48 hour for residential call outs.

So if I haven't heard from the Tech 2 team(as once again promised)by 7:15pm on Friday that my issue has been solved I will be cancelling and I won't pay any early termination fee, nearly 3 months of constant problems that are getting worse each day is simply unacceptable.

Well more disconnections and yet again a drop in sync to under 30mbps and a peak time speed of just 1.5mbps...This unlimited service is looking like a very limited service.

I will be contacting Ofcom regarding this(yes I've followed Vodafones complaints procedure without resolution)and them the ombudsman and possible trading standards due to the false advertising of the service.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm disappointed to hear our Live Chat team have so far been unable to resolve your query. So we can take a look into this, please send us your details by following the instructions in this private message

@Mark I've followed teh instructions in teh PM you sent but i don't hld out any hope it make ay difference.

The 48 hour timecale given by the live chat agent has come and gone without any contact from the Tech 2 team and without any solution to the ongoing issues(i knew full well nothing would happen givent the weather).

So in the morning i will be calling and requesting my contract be cancelled without any penalty as im not getting the service i signed up to and the support has failed on multiple occassions to address and correct the issues i've suffered since day one.

So 6 days since I was promised my issues would be fixed within 48 hours and nothing has changed, 5 PPP session drops since 8:20 last night and throughput loss of 99% from 6pm(down to just 330kbps on both wired and wireless).

I have now sent off a complaint to Ofcom and included the live chat transcripts were promises were made that could never be achieved and were support was offered that completely ignored the issues I'm having.

Vodafone you are by far the worst ISP I've ever dealt with.