Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Thinking of swapping to vodafone

MadWayne
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Okay so I have been a Virginmedia customer/ ntl customer for a very long time.

I have 110Mb download, but lucky to get 5Mb upload.

Now I dont notice any difference in the service between the old 70Mb service (getting 80Mb)  and the new 110Mb service to be honest.

However I think the upload speed is absolute rubbish and can't remember the last time that was given an upgrade.

for those on the 76Mbps service what do you guys get typically upload and download.

The question is how do I connect it says fibre, but it appears I need a phone line putting in ?

currently I use vongae voip and the vonage app so the calls come directly to my mobile as long as I have an internet connection.

so need to know what i would need and what it would actually cost.

Thanks

Wayne

8 REPLIES 8

User2601
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
Hi

I get 60mb download and 20mb upload.
It's only been a couple of days since installation so I am hoping for an
increase in download because I was guaranteed 73mb. 🤞

well thats interesting as I was advised of the same speed.

was that over wifi or hardwired connection and how were you using there router.

Shame a few of the neighbours arent on better terms as a dedicated business line at £149 + VAT would give me 1Gb service now thats upload and download alledgedly.  Obviously designed with business in mind.

not sure I want to spend that sort of money though even though I work from home as base.

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

We'd love to have you on board @MadWayne 😊

Have a chat with our Broadband Live Chat team, or give us a bell on - 08080 034 515 (free from all UK landlines and mobiles) with lines open between 8am and 11pm, seven days a week. They'll be happy to talk you through all the options available in your area.

Pop back to us and let us know how you get on if you decide to get in touch!

mbames
13: Advanced Member

It may sync at the same speed, but there is no promise that vf are capable of delivering an internet service at that speed.  All they say is that "the line will sync at xxMbps", not "you can download files at xxMbps".  So they might promise a 76Mbps, but your actual throughput might only be 5Mbps as their core networe / exchange backhauls might be totally overloaded (which appears to the case in my Exchange).

prs1000
12: Established
12: Established

Everyone's experinces will vary but I have to say I have always had the full 38meg and speed tests always give that results ( usually around 40 on the tests).

Customer service has let vodafone down but the coverage of the mobile network and my experience of the fibre broadband is what has kept me here for many years.

My advice is don't switch to Vodafone, im currently getting a whopping 0.5mbps download on a line that is snyced at 37.1mbps and thats from a wired connection, the customer service agents are polite enough but they clearly have very little training and will blame almost every issue on wireless interference(even when your not using wireless connections).

T_Scarface_M
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there, 

I have had Broadband for almost two years with Vodafone and I have had a consistent upload speed of between 18-20Mbps across tow different addresses. 

Obviously I would always go with the availability checker on the website which will give you an average idea of an estimated Download and Upload speed. You may be different but I'd like to think your upload speed will be better than what you currently receive.

Hope this helps :Winking_smiley:

mbames
13: Advanced Member

I'd stay well away.  If you want a fibre service, then try Sky, or BT.  Having made the error of switching to vf, I can honestly say that I regret it.  Cheap & tat like service.