Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Turn off DHCP on Vodafone router HHG2500

hampsonij
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, I have recieved my Vodafone Router and my cutover day is today and I am live with Vodafone Broadband. However, I have a number of Access Points and another router on my network, my other router provides DHCP (with some static IP addresses), I was hoping I could do the same as I did with my EE router, i.e. disable WiFi and disable the DHCP service and connect to up to my exiting router via Ethernet (so the vodafone router is just providing access to the Internet). I can disable WiFi but i cannot find an option to disable DHCP on the Vodafone HHG2500. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@hampsonij We'd be unable to assist you with regards to setting up your own equipment, however to locate your DHCP settings please follow the below steps:

• Go to vodafone.connect or 192.168.1.1
  • Enter the password - vodafone
  • In the top right, change the mode to Expert Mode
  • Click on the Settings tab
  • Click on IPv4
  • This is where you'll be able to manage your DHCP settings

I hope this helps you out 🙂

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@hampsonij We'd be unable to assist you with regards to setting up your own equipment, however to locate your DHCP settings please follow the below steps:

• Go to vodafone.connect or 192.168.1.1
  • Enter the password - vodafone
  • In the top right, change the mode to Expert Mode
  • Click on the Settings tab
  • Click on IPv4
  • This is where you'll be able to manage your DHCP settings

I hope this helps you out 🙂

Many thanks. I missed the mode change at the top right. All sorted now. Thanks again.

machare
13: Advanced Member

Turning off the DHCP on the Vodafone router is easy.  Whether you can get another router to issue IP addresses and advise clients that the Vodafone router IP address is the default gateway and DNS server might be more difficult.