Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Turning on Call Divert on Landline

TheCommodore
2: Seeker

My account activated on Monday. I have now spoken to five people and spent\wasted about 3 hours on the phone (most of it on hold when I should have been working) to Vodafone to try and get call divert activated and its still not working. When I try and activate it using the online account it says "I am not eligible" showing error 1k2 despite having vodafone broadband and a vodafone landline. When I dial **21 it says the service is not available.

I am thinking of phoning up and cancelling my contract if this can't be fixed, as this is an essential item and if its not going to work then I would rather leave, and join a provider where it does. I am not impressed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

After many more hours talking to online chat support it is finally working. It had not been activated properly at your end. It would be nice after saying you are going to activate something for a customer if you could check it has been activated, rather than presuming it has and leaving the customer to have to chase it up yet again if it has not. The line transfered on Monday and it should have been working by 10AM on Tuesday and finally got activated on Thursday morning. I am waiting for a phone call from the hospital as I have been suffering from anal bleeding and other symtoms, hence the reason I wanted this to divert quickly so I could go out and not miss the important phone call.

View solution in original position

12 REPLIES 12

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

As you appear to have exhausted a resolution via the customer service yeams you've spoken to I would suggest to let the Vodafone Social Media Teams here catch up with your post and they'll bring you in away from the public Community forum to pass security checks and then I'm sure they'll help you @TheCommodore

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

TheCommodore

The signals are strong tonight, but Please, Please Please can someone help as I still have no call divert, and vodafone support seem useless to resolve the issue. It cant be that difficulty to enable this or pass it to someone who is able to fix the problem if they can not. Please.

Blair
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @TheCommodore, i'm really sorry that you're having so many problems with this..

To divert all calls you need to dial: *21*(phone number you want to divert to)#

If this doesn’t work then there's definitely a problem. It will either be with the service profile on your line, or an actual fault with the equipment at your telephone exchange. We can fix both of these scenarios.

Can you try using the code above and let us know if it works?

After many more hours talking to online chat support it is finally working. It had not been activated properly at your end. It would be nice after saying you are going to activate something for a customer if you could check it has been activated, rather than presuming it has and leaving the customer to have to chase it up yet again if it has not. The line transfered on Monday and it should have been working by 10AM on Tuesday and finally got activated on Thursday morning. I am waiting for a phone call from the hospital as I have been suffering from anal bleeding and other symtoms, hence the reason I wanted this to divert quickly so I could go out and not miss the important phone call.

machare
13: Advanced Member

You can avoid such problems by using a VOIP supplier such as Sipgate.  Your number won't change if you move to a different broadband supplier. Features such as call forwarding and Voicemail are free, and calls are cheaper. 

Hi is there anyway of switching on call divert..?

I don’t have a phone linked to VoIP as the Vodafone router was not man enough.. Can Vodafone program this internally and auto divert to a mobile number..?

Jayach
16: Advanced member

@harryp18 wrote:

Hi is there anyway of switching on call divert..?

I don’t have a phone linked to VoIP as the Vodafone router was not man enough.. Can Vodafone program this internally and auto divert to a mobile number..?

Sorry but I don't understand. Are you not using the \Vodafone router? Are you on FTTP or FTTC?

No not using Vodafone router, not man enough for my network and number of devices.  FTTP..  

I may have a solution that I need to tryout tomorrow..

Jayach

If you are on FTTP and not using Vodafone's router, currently the only option is to use another VoIP provider,

If, for some reason, that is not providing the features you require there is not a lot we can suggest.

Hope your alternative solution works out. Please let us know how it goes, it might be useful information for the future.