Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unable to see my Synology NAS on LAN with Vodafone Broadband

R80PAL
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have just signed up to Vodafone Broandband, when connecting my Synology NAS drive to the back of the router via ethernet I am unable to see my device. I have tried to discover the device but still no joy, can anybody help?

It works fine with my old Talk Talk Router.

48 REPLIES 48

Daviddabest
4: Newbie

Hi,

Have you rebooted the NAS since you swapped routers?

Hi, the NAS has been rebooted. I also reconnected it to my talk talk router to ensure there is nothing wrong with it.

I am unable to see the NAS under my lan tab.....

If i connect another device that is visible, just not the Synology NAS

Hi,

Sometimes the Synology NAS saves the ip range its on.

Did you > Reboot the NAS > unplug from TalkTalk before it beeps > Plug into Vodafone?

I have mine running ok.

Are both routers configured on the same router ip addresses

TalkTalk and Vodafone ?

Hi, 

Both routers are configured on the same router ip address

I rebooted the NAS after disconnecting from Talk Talk. In fact i rebooted a few times and still no joy.

Really confused as in thory there should not be an issue!

I have a Synology DS213air connected to my Vodafone router and it's all working fine. and I have also set up port forwarding to allow outside access. When you say you haven't managed to discover the Synology NAS have you installed the Synology Assistant app? This will scan your entire LAN subnet and attempt to find the Synology Box and report its IP address.

I know that when I changed routers the IP address of the Synology box stayed the same as the old router for a while before DHCP kicked in an allocated a new IP from the Vodafone Connect router but still worked ok.

Simon

Hi Simon,

After a numerous number of restarts are factory default resets i have now managed to get the Synology visible on my LAN.

I have tried setting up Port Forwarding on the VF router using PPTP VPN server on the Synology drive but unable to get it working. I get an error message that the port on the far end was closed. Could you kindly assist?

Replying to an old thread but....

I have just swapped back to the connect router from my own and have lost the connection to my Synology NAS.

I consider myself competent with networking  (as it is a part of my job)  but this defeated me.

I can ping it and it connects through the web interface, it is there on the LAN in Windows, you just can't connect to it.

I rang support and got through to the correct team who stated that they don't know what the problem is and that they don't support it and don't know of a solution !

Frankly I expected much better of Vodafone, it is their product and it obviously has an "undocumented feature" on the LAN side of things with the current firmware.

Swapped back to my own router again and all is well.

Come on Vodafone, please sort your product out.

DaneB
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @146

I've spoken with our technical team and we've a resolution for you. But as it's account specific I've private messaged you on how to contact our team directly.

Thanks

I'm having a similar problem being able to ping, but not access my D-Link NAS. Could I also try this resolution?