main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Broadband & Home Phone

Unacceptable speeds in the evening

1: Seeker

My router displays 

Capture1.PNG

But when i do a speed test i get a different story 

screenshot from your recomended speed test site

Capture2.PNG

Latency is so high i cant even get a ping test

Capture3.PNG

When i complete the test on another speed test website i get the above results, as you can see nothing near the minimum you state i should get. 

The above test where completed on a wired connection with WIFI turned off, only 1 device was connected to the router and i still get less than 20mbps 

View more options
5 REPLIES
4: Newbie

I am having the same issue in the evenings and vodafone support has been horrendous they closed my case without even telling me

View more options

@gwass Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your broadband speeds. Have you contacted our Broadband Live Chat team to check on the sync speeds to your router.

Also if your router is showing a good download speed and you're using a wired connection, have you made sure to check the Ethernet cable running to your device.

Please let us know how you get on and don't hesitate to pop back us if you're still having trouble.

View more options
2: Seeker

Ive got exactly the same problems. Between 6pm and midnight i drop from 66Mbps to 10Mbps.  seems to be a lot of people in the same boat on here and ive just joined the forum !

View more options
2: Seeker

Hi,

Im having the same issue, i was promised 76mb when i signed up a couple of months ago, BT Wholesale says 80mb possible.

However its dropped from 56mb to 2.7mb at peak times, which beyond useless for Netflix etc.

Spoke to a Tech2 rep today and basically the said the local exhange is over subscribed, they are aware and its on a list of potential upgrades but it could take upto 6 months to fix!

However as they arent honouring their minimum speed guarentee i could leave without paying a penalty, or stay and possibly receive a partial refund for the slow speed.

View more options
4: Newbie

TJ wrote:

@gwass Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your broadband speeds. Have you contacted our Broadband Live Chat team to check on the sync speeds to your router.

Also if your router is showing a good download speed and you're using a wired connection, have you made sure to check the Ethernet cable running to your device.

Please let us know how you get on and don't hesitate to pop back us if you're still having trouble.

Please stop insulting posters with patronising post like this

View more options