main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Broadband & Home Phone

Unacceptable speeds in the evening

2: Seeker

So I've put a complaint though using the Resolver Website https://www.resolver.co.uk/

14 days, lets see where this goes.

I called last Friday afternoon at work to complain, they wanted to do further troubleshooting so I said to call me at 7:30pm in the evening when I was home. They confirmed this and then never called.

View more options

FYI, for those that haven't got a "I've sent you a private message" from a Vodafone employee, it's actually not a private message, because they can't actually reply to any private messages.

[Removed]

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove Private information Community Guidelines]

View more options
4: Newbie

Mines even worse now

View more options

@bargibargi If you've emailed us using the link in the private message we sent, please let us know the case ref (looks like [#11234567]) from the auto response you received and we'll be happy to chase this for you.

@CHARLIESHEPP65 I'm disappointed to hear your issues not been resolved. So we can get put you in touch with one of our Broadband team, send us your details by following the instructions in this private message.

View more options
7: Helper

@CHARLIESHEPP65wrote:

Mines even worse now

Mine is sorted.... thanks to BT.

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Broadband-Home-Phone/Shambolic-speeds-0-5mbit-s-to-8mbit-s-on-74mbit...

Leave Vodafone, the grass is greener elsewhere.

View more options

It’s not sorted it’s worse n now been told today it’s prob capped n thay got tech 2 team and the capped department to take it off we will see.im getting 1.3mbps st min.since 4pm.i keep records of all speeds everyday for proof.

View more options

Oh no @CHARLIESHEPP65 it's disappointing to hear you're still having issues with your broadband.

Did you complete the form we sent out via private message? When you filled it in, we'll have sent you out an email with a reference number - it'll look something like this [#1234567] Please provide us with this and we'll be happy to chase your query up for you.

View more options

Hi it’s 18219196 been told there a cap on line.or the box outside is to much traffic n needs bt sorting it.had no tv Xbox ect for 3 months

View more options

@CHARLIESHEPP65wrote:

Hi it’s 18219196 been told there a cap on line.or the box outside is to much traffic n needs bt sorting it.had no tv Xbox ect for 3 months

What a shambles.

View more options

@CHARLIESHEPP65 I'm really sorry about the delay in getting your broadband issues resolved for you 😞

I've chased this up and asked one of the Broadband team to get in touch with you as soon as they can.

View more options
3: Seeker

Similar issues here as well, extremely poor broadband speeds when compared to the day. The speed test has no comparison to the information on the router page, the router page always shows higher.

All was fine with Vodafone until three months ago when the evening speeds dropped to as low as 5Mbps.

Have been in contact with Vodafone directors complaints department  who haven’t  been very helpful,

There attitude has been if your unhappy we will release you from your contract instead of sorting out the issues.

They have also continually insisted on more and more screen shots to the extent it doesn’t serve a perpose.

All have been via Ethernet with the WiFi turned of in the router setting and on the Mac Book Pro doing the test.

View more options

I been told by directors office the wording in box outside needs updating and it be within 45 days.we will see

View more options

Wiring 

View more options

@CHARLIESHEPP65wrote:

I been told by directors office the wording in box outside needs updating and it be within 45 days.we will see

Are you believing that? Sounds like tripe to me, plus I'd want 2 months refunding.

Ask your neighbours if they're impacted.

View more options
3: Seeker

Has anyone tried changing there DNS settings in the router over to Google, I’ve  done this today and up to press my speed seems pretty consistent.

Its only 18.30 but fingers crossed things seem better.

View more options
Anonymous
Not applicable

You should try 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1 it's ran by cloudflare and their node is present at either Manchester or London, both where Vodafone will have 'Core POPs'

Ping 1.1.1.1 and then compare with 8.8.8.8, you'll see the difference. 

View more options

How do I go this?

View more options

pinging the DNS server is just a test of that route. If you think it has helped after changing dns on your router then compare pinging a site like the bbc. The difference is only the site lookup speed really and is aside from the fundamental problem. 

View more options

How do I change the dns?

View more options

You can either do it locally on your computer or simply log in to your router and go to Internet > DNS. Select "Manually" for DNS configuration and then put in the new numbers. Remember to press the Apply button at the bottom of the page to save the settings. 

screenshot_236.jpg

View more options