Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unacceptable speeds with Fibre

ktwf
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Had Vodafone 38mb Fibre for a week its a waste of time the speeds at peek times are a joke I have spoken to customer services for the last 5 days and get a differnet story each time.

They can not cope with the amount of customers they have I am leaving ASAP going back to EE.

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @ktwf

I've seen a few posts where people have not been impressed at their current speeds. 

It does say in Vodafones Broadband Support Pages that it can occasionally take 30 days to settle. 

That said a person has a Network Satisfaction Guarantee period of 30 days to cancel so it taking 30 days sometimes to settle is cutting it fine to cancel without fee's. 

Can I assume youve tried troubleshooting such as changing the wireless channel in the Router and splitting the router frequencies in the router to 2.4ghz and 5ghz and then try choosing the best for your devices. 

However you decide to proceed I wish you all the best.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

@ktwf - @BandOfBrothers is spot on, that it can take between 10 and 30 days for the router to settle.

I can understand your frustration and I hope this doesn’t result in you leaving us.

So these are the things I am being told by customer service (by the way at no time have any of the people I have spoken too said its takes a number of days to settle).

Its a BT Open Reach issue (I have been to BT web site no reports of issue for my post code).

Its a downed line at Vodafone and they are waiting for planning permission to fix it.

It has been fixed today (that was 4 days ago).

Sounds like it just being made up.

Twice I have been told I will get a call back from level 2 support this has never happened.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ktwf - I’m sorry that you’re getting different information each time you contact us.

We can escalate this to our Broadband team and request them to get in touch with you.

Please send us your details by following the instructions in this private message.